Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sakami said:

It is moving to the old Biggs Camera spot that the Jack's ownership group has been operating as the Rabbit Hole. On the corner of Commonwealth and Pecan on the backside of Peculiar Rabbit. 

Sooo...we're losing another music venue then? The Rabbit Hole is a cool small venue. I'd much rather them keep it that way than move the restaurant there. 

2 hours ago, nonillogical said:

Sooo...we're losing another music venue then? The Rabbit Hole is a cool small venue. I'd much rather them keep it that way than move the restaurant there. 

At Jack's on their last weekend, the owner indicated it was going to be there with the Rabbit hole. I don't think that music venue is going anywhere, if anything it should get even better with Jacks there too. Jack Straws which eventually became Jacks was a great music venue once. 

Anyone have any word on where Hare of the Dog is headed? I heard they were opening up somewhere else. 

On 2/13/2017 at 11:08 AM, Matthew.Brendan said:

Where pray tell is the Vespa dealer? Please don't say the Scooter shop next to HT, as that is a sad scummy place indeed. The only real Vespa dealer in Charlotte off Worthington in South End closed a few years ago. Now the nearest one is in Greensboro :(

My apologies. I was using 'Vespa' as a generic term rather than a brand-specific term. My point is more that there are a lot of retail options in PM (regardless of quality of said establishments)

9 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Anyone know what these people are waiting out in the cold morning air for? They're outside Social Status? I don't see any events or announcements on their Facebook pages...

20170216_083731.jpg

20170216_083734.jpg

20170216_083735.jpg

shoes 

I noticed last weekend that paper is now covering the windows of John's Country Kitchen and the tattoo shop beside Twenty Two.  I have no idea what is going in there.   Also, the buildings behind the DQ are about to be renovated. 

The only new addition I know of is a juice shop but I am not sure of the location. 

7 hours ago, hokiehigh said:

I noticed last weekend that paper is now covering the windows of John's Country Kitchen and the tattoo shop beside Twenty Two.  I have no idea what is going in there.   Also, the buildings behind the DQ are about to be renovated. 

The only new addition I know of is a juice shop but I am not sure of the location. 

Building behind DQ will be ready in summer. I asked the property owner what he was aiming for there for a tenant and he said anything but a restaurant because the parking requirement for a restaurant can't be met there.

The original plan for the Volvo repair shop was for that area to be redeveloped, but he has decided to keep the building and keep them as tenants. He owns the entire block except the pawn shop and the DQ. He said he'd never touch the DQ since it is a neighborhood institution.

17 hours ago, hokiehigh said:

Looks like Johns space is going to be a second location for Crafty Beer Guys out of Huntersville. 

• Like 1

Saw what looked like B Cycle construction (concrete pad and retaining wall) going in, in front of 1305, in this location: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.220832,-80.8163553,3a,57.3y,9.08h,86.52t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOpX1wUpwVjBDgBIgwmTodA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by archiham04
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Midwoodian said:

Construction fencing came down where Sushi Guru was (?) supposed to go just to the left of Whiskey Warehouse.  Is this project dead or are they starting work?

Plans were approved 11/30/2016, almost a year after they were filed. Would be interesting if it died now after all that time, but maybe.