Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we knew Libretto was involved, but not sure if it was previously posted, but Coaltranes Char Grill is moving in to the old John's Country Kitchen per Bizjournal. Article says it will have a rooftop! Apparently they have another location in the epicenter but I have never been.

4 hours ago, GeauxCLT said:

I know we knew Libretto was involved, but not sure if it was previously posted, but Coaltranes Char Grill is moving in to the old John's Country Kitchen per Bizjournal. Article says it will have a rooftop! Apparently they have another location in the epicenter but I have never been.

Do you have a link to the Bizjournal article that talks about the rooftop? Thanks!

I love this picture and I think it is great the owner of the Thirsty Beaver building would not sell. It is amazing to look and see the roof of the Beav is not even to the 1st floor height of the apartments. I would love to see a lighted billboard on top of the building but I am sure zoning will not allow. 

• Like 3

I love the place where it is. I only wish that it would spruce up a bit with some paint, A full width canopy, new windows (possibly stained glass) good furniture or something to make it look just a little appealing to the eye. I picture a genuine Irish Pub in that location, but I love it as it is too. The neon sign would be a helpful addition possibly. Don't sell. It is so unique. 

Edited by caterpillar2

2 hours ago, go_vertical said:

An animated neon sign of a beaver drinking from a mug would look just right.

that is exactly what has been flashing through my mind for weeks!

UPDATE... maybe we should have a design competition.

Edited by archiham04
  • Like 1

Can someone with graphic skills come up with this Beaver with beer mug neon and superimposed on that photo? Then maybe we can start a Gofundme campaign to Keep Charlotte Weird or make it weird LOL   Something so bright like this Seinfield episode with the Kenny Roger Roasters sign https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q40fKsRsHFU

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

Construction fencing is up for the center two blocks of Village at Commonwealth.  Last I had heard, they would be two buildings with ground floor retail/amenities with interior parking garages.

Can't tell if there is retail or not, but there might be a space.

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 12.13.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 12.15.30 PM.png

2 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

how tall?

Not sure. 4 pdfs full of documents, not a single elevation. Max Height is 90 feet tho.

Edited by Guest

A lot of land being cleared just between Briar Creek and the Green Oaks Lane in Commonwealth. I know the two homes are being cleared to make way for 4 homes, however, what is the land being cleared for? It's been advertised as multi-family for years.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, KJHburg said:

I would love to see a lighted billboard on top of the building but I am sure zoning will not allow. 

Not Zoning, but the Charlotte sign ordinance.  No signage is allowed above the roofline of a building.  Pinky's had to get a variance to put the VW Beetle back up because of this (took forever and a lot of pressure on the city council to get it).  Originally the Bug was grandfathered in, the change of business use/ownership triggered the need for it to be removed originally (that and it was rusting away).  I doubt the council would allow a variance for the beaver though. 

• Like 1