Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, archiham04 said:

^ that's okay with me.  It's retail.  Rarely are retail buildings built to to last millennia.  Don't worry.... The city will probably make them paint it beige, and you will never see it again.

I don't think the city MAKES people paint things beige. Pretty sure Beige is just perpetually on BOGO.

Information on the new homes being built around the Cramer estate home in PM by Grandfather homes starting in the $800s https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/10/06/single-family-homes-to-be-developed-around.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=scroll&ed=2017-10-06&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1507325448&j=78945821   At least the historic home will be saved and I took a photo of it a couple months back and posted it. 

Page 127 July 1 I remember it was hot walking around the old home. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

A bakery called Villani's Bakery is relocating from Concord to a spot on Pecan between Independence and the railroad (so technically Chantilly).  I think it will be in one of the nondiscript brick buildings.  I've always been surprised how area has been ignored so between this and hopefully a reno of the squires building across the street it will help bridge Elizabeth and Plaza better, instead of the current dead zone.

Btw....I don't know anything about Villani's, but they have really positive reviews online.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

and hopefully a reno of the squires building across the street

Is this definitely happening?  Any new tenants or just new owners?  I too have been surprised that someone hasn't taken advantage of this underdeveloped stretch in between two fairly prominent neighborhoods.

2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

A bakery called Villani's Bakery is relocating from Concord to a spot on Pecan between Independence and the railroad (so technically Chantilly).  I think it will be in one of the nondiscript brick buildings.  I've always been surprised how area has been ignored so between this and hopefully a reno of the squires building across the street it will help bridge Elizabeth and Plaza better, instead of the current dead zone.

Btw....I don't know anything about Villani's, but they have really positive reviews online.

my assumption was that the land  was limited in its use due to RR row and DOT land.

2 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

my assumption was that the land  was limited in its use due to RR row and DOT land.

I am sure this is part of the reason, but there are a couple of existing structures with gravel lots across the street from the Squire building, which makes me think in part it is just underutilized.

not sure,  I had heard that Hatcher's daughter agreed to install a street intersection grade drive at the intersection to help control the traffic flow.  Given that most of our eastside CDOT projects stay in the planning phase for a decade or more, i had little hope that they were installing it...   They have removed  a good bit of curb today so maybe.