Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Midwoodian said:

Anyone know what this green thing is in front of the fire station? The only sticker on it indicates it is a measuring device, but for what...noise, pollution, etc.?

41abfa4bed1e6f4d9270169d8a906b31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what those are but you can see fencing on the church behind, here are a couple concept renderings for what is happening with the church.

17817871_691225047752427_2674838334106238976_n.jpg

21820147_336720000111861_4787914938968440832_n.jpg

Campus works: Central and Hawthorne. Is this retail space or not? I forget.

20171013_183542.jpg

9 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm not sure what those are but you can see fencing on the church behind, here are a couple concept renderings for what is happening with the church.

Dope! So nice to see that building remain. And right across from the Sushi Guru building.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Can't tell if Dunking will succeed or fail.

I'm hoping whatever amount of success they achieve will lead to a local donut shop heading to the area.

I do have to say I wish there was a Krispy Kreme in the Uptown/PM/Noda area. Does that still count as local? Either way they are leaps and bounds better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

I'm hoping whatever amount of success they achieve will lead to a local donut shop heading to the area.

I do have to say I wish there was a Krispy Kreme in the Uptown/PM/Noda area. Does that still count as local? Either way they are leaps and bounds better.

Agreed, Dunkin's donuts are cardboard.

But those dang Yankees are obsessed with it!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Agreed, Dunkin's donuts are cardboard.

But those dang Yankees are obsessed with it!!!

When I was recently in Boston (Wakefield), I always ate at Dunkin's because no other restaurant in the area had their A/C turned on and I didn't want sweat droplets in my pizza so I opted for the coolness of Dunkins. I found that the advantage they have over our beloved Krispy Kreme is that they also have sandwiches and a larger variety of food. But yea, the doughnuts are sort of cardboardish.  There is a Dunkin's on about every scorner in much of the Boston area since that is their home.  It could have been worse for the neighborhood. We have one here on the lake and they do rather well. 

Edited by caterpillar2

On 10/15/2017 at 2:12 PM, HighRiseHillbilly said:

I have heard that there was a KK @ Hawthorne and Independence back in the day.

1 hour ago, southslider said:

Independence was more lowered than Hawthorne was raised. The Elizabeth community advocated for better design to mitigate a freeway cutting off the Sunnyside portion of their neighborhood. And today, most think of Independence, instead of the railroad, as the divide between Elizabeth and Midwood.

...and since the definition/boundaries of "Elizabeth" and "Midwood" were established based upon what "most" thought at the time, I imagine those arbitrary boundaries may change in the future.  It makes little sense to keep calling portions of town something that no one other than map makers/readers call it.

1 hour ago, southslider said:

Independence was more lowered than Hawthorne was raised. The Elizabeth community advocated for better design to mitigate a freeway cutting off the Sunnyside portion of their neighborhood. And today, most think of Independence, instead of the railroad, as the divide between Elizabeth and Midwood.

Thanks for explaining that.  Do you know, prior to this, if the side streets in Elizabeth (ex. Oakland, Lamar) and Chantilly (St Julien, Hanover) also connected to Independence?