Seeker

Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Is the city installing a traffic light at Central and Clement, at the ent since of the shopping center with RoCo, healthy home, five guys, etc?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I have been told.  Initially it was a flasher, but was upgraded to a full light after the shopping center agreed to align their drive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey does anyone know what is going to happen with the Charlotte Fire Department Credit Union building at the end of the plaza? I assume demo and more apartments...

Also does anyone know what is going into 1212 the plaza. I remember seeing some cool design ideas for possible use of the space like a possible bar or upscale restaurant54d89a19630290388932183acafe268c.jpga45fe6a581cccbc59b07fe43c4201d8f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, midwoodhoodie said:

Hey does anyone know what is going to happen with the Charlotte Fire Department Credit Union building at the end of the plaza? I assume demo and more apartments...

Also does anyone know what is going into 1212 the plaza. I remember seeing some cool design ideas for possible use of the space like a possible bar or upscale restaurant54d89a19630290388932183acafe268c.jpga45fe6a581cccbc59b07fe43c4201d8f.jpg

 

Idk, but that building would he BEAUTIFUL if used for retail/restaurant and office still upstairs. Those big barn style doors would be great for patio seating. The parking lot can be the infill.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Idk, but that building would he BEAUTIFUL if used for retail/restaurant and office still upstairs. Those big barn style doors would be great for patio seating. The parking lot can be the infill.

51c7467cdb2123fb87c6aaa79a98ed28.jpgaf7d0ff969ae70f465ef2b5c57c6212a.jpg
Stolen from Instagram stories. Lol



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

95f9b111af259a3e050159cfd9863ef8.jpg
Follow manor.park for more


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's being torn down and rebuilt. They'll move across the street to the white building for the interim. Something to the fact the current building's roof is pushing out the top of the walls. Not sure the truth to what I was told, but the basic gist was serious structural instability. It will be rebuilt to exact spec minus the serious structural instability flaw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed this morning that the two large lots to the West of Piedmont Middle are being torn up.  The impromtu skate park was on one of them.  Seems to be lots of earth moving going on.  Whats going in there?  These lots are across from the new storage facility.  Is this for more townhomes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ not sure.  I think it might be site prep/mitigation for future sale. Nichols controls/represents.

Edited by archiham04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

That's the Pulte project I believe.  Central Point townhomes all the way to the corner of Seigle.

Remind me was that a by-right project like at Caldwell/Belmont Ave? Or was there rezoning?

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2017 at 11:41 AM, AP3 said:

Is the city installing a traffic light at Central and Clement, at the ent since of the shopping center with RoCo, healthy home, five guys, etc?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2017 at 5:32 AM, 11 HouseBZ said:

It's being torn down and rebuilt. They'll move across the street to the white building for the interim. Something to the fact the current building's roof is pushing out the top of the walls. Not sure the truth to what I was told, but the basic gist was serious structural instability. It will be rebuilt to exact spec minus the serious structural instability flaw. 

Talked to a board member of the Charlotte Fire Credit Union and their building will be torn down and replaced. It is structurally unsound with several problems and not sure if the design has been chosen yet to replace. They are in temporary space now and will be a few years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Billy Maddalon presented to the Neighborhood last night, the rezoning he has filed for the VanLandingham Estate.  Essentially it will be the same plan minus the pool, with MUDD zoning for the house.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2017 at 12:07 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

I'll miss that skate park, but luckily  Oso Skate Park just opened up in the old Kellogg Factory on Louise Ave.

I wish there was a huge skatepark closer to Uptown. Back in my shredding the gnar days I went to Denver’s park. It’s unfortunately packed to the brim at all times, but Charlotte could still use a premier park. The ones already in CLT aren’t anything special. Skateparks are a fantastic thing.

0884FE43-65C3-42F1-8759-929BA7B2E30D.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard Shine Salon (currently on 7th) is moving there and taking 7,200 SF on 2 floors.

image.png.caa66b524dcf2a5ceaceaff97e522785.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wondering what has been going on with that building.  I've been watching it get gutted every morning when I drive down Independence.  They are working on redoing the roof this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.