Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Wish the stroll along Pecan was more pleasant / safe towards Chantilly & Elizabeth. Cars really enjoy careening around that curve. 

Agreed, a nice streetscape, with  trees and planter strip there would do wonders

Edited by archiham04
  • Like 3

Massive flip of near Plaza Midwood townhome community. 

""Plaza Midwood Village LLC, affiliated with Element Development out of Miami, acquired Briar Creek Place Townhomes in 20 separate transactions, according to Mecklenburg County real estate records. Individual townhouses, on average, sold in the upper $100,000 range. The property includes 23 duplex buildings with 46 units total. ""

They will investment $3 million in the units then resale them for $200-300K.  This is off Brier Creek Rd behind the Vyne apartments off Central. 

Subscriber article https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/04/11/major-overhaul-of-plaza-midwood-townhouse.html

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Plaza Midwood drive by photos today.  It brings a smile to my face to see the little Thirsty Beaver amongst the giants.  Like the parking lot  screening in front of the new Yafo next to Midwood Smokehouse.   Last photo is of the new apartments further down Central really like these.  Not sure the name. 

IMG_8149.JPG

I think this telephone pole has been hanging out at the Thirsty Beaver a bit much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I saw it after I enlarged the photo.  I think they look pretty good.

I agree, it's a very handsome structure.  I couldn't tell from the website, but is there going to be ground-floor retail?  My wish for all these central Charlotte neighborhoods (South End, Elizabeth, West End, NoDa, Plaza Midwood) is that all new buildings be solid brick structures that are pedestrian friendly, sidewalk accessible places, with ground floor retail, and that they are large enough to bring in a sufficient number of new residents to justify the ground floor retail.  This is how you build a city.  If there are blocks of structures that have no ground level commerce, then it cuts off foot traffic and reduces the potential for a large and long-term thriving, vibrant neighborhood.  If developers in those areas do build that way, then eventually all these areas will going to merge with UT and you eventually will have a very large, alive interconnected urban zone -- a real city.

• Like 3

I agree, it's a very handsome structure.  I couldn't tell from the website, but is there going to be ground-floor retail?  My wish for all these central Charlotte neighborhoods (South End, Elizabeth, West End, NoDa, Plaza Midwood) is that all new buildings be solid brick structures that are pedestrian friendly, sidewalk accessible places, with ground floor retail, and that they are large enough to bring in a sufficient number of new residents to justify the ground floor retail.  This is how you build a city.  If there are blocks of structures that have no ground level commerce, then it cuts off foot traffic and reduces the potential for a large and long-term thriving, vibrant neighborhood.  If developers in those areas do build that way, then eventually all these areas will going to merge with UT and you eventually will have a very large, alive interconnected urban zone -- a real city.

If my memory serves me correct it was going to have 7000 sq feet of retail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

If my memory serves me correct it was going to have 7000 sq feet of retail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edit: I was thinking about the wrong project. I thought this was the one at Hawthorne and Central at first.

Hawthorne Station has signs up in the windows for retail leasing.

Edited by Niner National

The "retail" at Midwood Station is there, but not 100% retail ready... meaning they are built at sidewalk level and have storefront, butI don't think they have the parking or service to be considered by the city to be retail.  At one point they were planned to be leased as office suites.  

28 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

The "retail" at Midwood Station is there, but not 100% retail ready... meaning they are built at sidewalk level and have storefront, butI don't think they have the parking or service to be considered by the city to be retail.  At one point they were planned to be leased as office suites.  

I don't agree. Those spaces are being marketed currently by Nichols and it has dedicated surface.

image.thumb.png.ed03e531fb3e64e97a42a42e7f08c894.pngimage.thumb.png.db146e7e50f840c317df17c3f40c8fce.png

image.png.12315472da1728ff7bf9d7a9daf86d4d.png

22 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

^Great!  i guess they found the parking.

I mean you could still be correct, all I know is they are marketing the space. I'll see if i can find out anything corroborates what you are saying.

Here is the marketing flyer on Midwood Station and  it looks like it is open parking for residents and retail tenants.  Probably thinking most retail businesses will be busier in the daytime when residents are gone and vice versa.  (they maybe the case but may not)  https://research.catylist.com/api/images/data/og/media/legacy/5a84cc01445bf80273a90deb

• Like 1