Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Peculiar Rabbit. The view was great from the roof. I will say that the service was less than stellar. We didn't actually eat dinner, but an hour to get a water was pretty bad. I made a reservation and the host didnt know about the fireworks. CCCP pulled this out last minute with Regions, but could have promoted better. Good show overall. Nice, loud finale.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:08 PM, CLTNative said:

I was at Peculiar Rabbit. The view was great from the roof. I will say that the service was less than stellar. We didn't actually eat dinner, but an hour to get a water was pretty bad. I made a reservation and the host didnt know about the fireworks. CCCP pulled this out last minute with Regions, but could have promoted better. Good show overall. Nice, loud finale.

I was there too.   The place seemed really unorganized.   It was odd that the second level bar was closed too.  Sometimes I am surprised that place stays in business.  It always seems dirty too.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:08 PM, CLTNative said:

2 hours ago, hokiehigh said:

I was there too.   The place seemed really unorganized.   It was odd that the second level bar was closed too.  Sometimes I am surprised that place stays in business.  It always seems dirty too.

Strange considering it's so pricey. The NoDa thread talked about high end places in that neighborhood. I had to walk out of thr PR after being seated because we couldn't afford the dishes!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IMO they failed more to poor fiscal management and economies of scale. I noticed steep price increases and empty aisles towards the end time. They also looked to sell the company at some point. I think with someone fiscally responsible there is room for a small organic grocer in the hood. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, midwoodhoodie said:

This place is going into the old Healthy Home Market spot on Central

https://www.ohgrocery.com/locations/

Looks like the exact same concept... 

I quoted some upfit work for this store. They have the same GM HHM did. They are keeping the layout exactly the same (same fixtures and everything).

It's basically just HHM with new owners.

52 minutes ago, Niner National said:

I quoted some upfit work for this store. They have the same GM HHM did. They are keeping the layout exactly the same (same fixtures and everything).

It's basically just HHM with new owners.

Was there space being made for the hot/prepared food? This isn't something the HHM near me had, but I'm unsure if it was something the PM location had.

Hope this is the right place to post.   We in Chantilly just got word from our homeowners' board that Goode Development has bought the land at the end of Shenandoah. Apparently they are going to demolish the old buildings down there and replace with a mix of single family homes and townhomes. Of course those of us who live on Shenandoah are concerned about added traffic. There's to be a meeting in a few days with the developers. Anyway, does anyone know about this project or where it is in the approval process with the city?Rumor is they are going to extend some of the Chantilly streets and make some sort of loop down by the new greenway. Any info appreciated!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ATxIn said:

Hope this is the right place to post.   We in Chantilly just got word from our homeowners' board that Goode Development has bought the land at the end of Shenandoah. Apparently they are going to demolish the old buildings down there and replace with a mix of single family homes and townhomes. Of course those of us who live on Shenandoah are concerned about added traffic. There's to be a meeting in a few days with the developers. Anyway, does anyone know about this project or where it is in the approval process with the city?Rumor is they are going to extend some of the Chantilly streets and make some sort of loop down by the new greenway. Any info appreciated!

This must be a new rezoning, as I haven’t heard anything about this parcel until now. I think new development will be better than the current dilapidated building that’s currently there. I do believe there are plans of making a tunnel or bridge for pedestrians for the future Briar Creek Greenway. That should alleviate some of the new traffic once it’s built. 

@Third Strike our homeowners group say they heard from the developer in "early August" though their original post said "earlier this year" and the developer is set to meet with the residents on Sept 11. There is a concern that something may have slipped by without the neighborhood noticing. There are very few access points in Chantilly, and many of us like it that way, because it keeps the traffic quiet. Though as someone who lives on the "main street" -- Shenandoah -- I am not looking forward to construction traffic, etc. coming off Pecan and barreling down the hill toward the greenway. Access off of Independence might be a great idea. I have researched the parcel but cannot find either a record of a recent sale or a rezoning request. Charlotte GIS says the parcel is zoned B-1. I know there are issues with the floodplain down there too. If anyone knows anything, please post! Thank you!

Anyone? I'm not in the architecture/building community but need to find out about this project coming into Chantilly. It seems our neighborhood board doesn't realize there is a planning/approval process. The parcel is zoned B-1 so we don't have a zoning hearing to take advantage of. Is there an opportunity for community input at any other point in the process? This project will, apparently, involve extending some existing city streets. And it's in a flood plain.  Can any of you guys help me out? I have reached out to our council member twice with no response.  I just want to ensure the neighborhood's interests are represented if the opportunity presents itself. My main concern is the very limited access to Chantilly from "outside" -- both a blessing and a curse....we love how it's tucked away and has limited cut-through traffic, but it would be nice to have access at the greenway end of the neighborhood, as the streets are quite long. The evolution of Independence Blvd years ago cut Chantilly off at the knees in several spots.  Thank you in advance for any help!

There was a neighborhood meeting with the developer last night that I was not able to attend perhaps someone who was there can fill you/me in.  Based on what I have heard this seems like a reasonable development, albeit it would fit better at the Pecan side of Shenandoah.  Its much better than what is there now.  Hopefully they work with the city/county to extend the greenway and accelerate the Independence underpass as part of this.

• Like 3

On 9/4/2018 at 2:06 PM, Crown said:

Anyone know why the old twenty-two gallery/art space under soul has remained dark for so long? 

I've heard they're taking over the vacant tattoo parlor next door and are working with the owners of Soul to step up their offerings from gallery/bar to include potential food service and other gallery programming. I'm not entirely sure how reliable this info is but thought I'd share. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, hokiehigh said:

I love beer and I’m glad the Midwood Cleaners building is going to be reused, but I’m more excited for another breakfast spot!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lit said:

I love beer and I’m glad the Midwood Cleaners building is going to be reused, but I’m more excited for another breakfast spot!

Snooze is absolutely amazing.   The Breakfast Potpie is my favorite, while my gf loves Juan's Breakfast Tacos.  The sweet potato pancake is pretty damn good too... try a pancake flight to get a good sample.  The lines in Phoenix were routinely 90 minutes long, but they used the no Wait app.  

• Like 3