Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

Echoing other sentiments about Snooze. Fantastic place, one of the best places my wife and I have had breakfast at. Now we've only been to  the one on S. Lamar in Austin but I am highly anticipating this one's opening and expect nothing less. 

I have been to same location and agree it will do great in Plaza Midwood and other locations in Charlotte if they so choose. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, midwoodhoodie said:

The whole building? I thought they were dividing the building up into 3 different spaces? That stinks if true...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I can't imagine a smoke shop would take up that whole building. The price per SF in that building was marketed pretty high and the whole building is pretty large. The economics wouldn't work for someone to be leasing the whole building for that purpose.

2 hours ago, Niner National said:

I can't imagine a smoke shop would take up that whole building. The price per SF in that building was marketed pretty high and the whole building is pretty large. The economics wouldn't work for someone to be leasing the whole building for that purpose.

I came into the conversation on the tail end but it sounded like the full upfit to turn it into 3 separate spaces fell apart. 

Edited by sakami

• 3 weeks later...
Hope folks don't mind pushing a thread just for a pic of a mural ... But Pizza Peel painted over their Blue Smurf Tribe with this wicked cool snake (seems like the same artist/concept as Solstice's - R.I.P. - new mural)
IMG_20190101_144212.thumb.jpg.7f038ac57336e7f36029574b2fed6e6e.jpg

Solstice is going to be taken over by Anthony Kearey I think, for what it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/5/2018 at 8:05 AM, hokiehigh said:

Is Pinhouse still happening? I drive by all the time and I can’t tell if the work that’s going on over there is specific to this building or something else. There is also a leasing sign outside...

27 minutes ago, sakami said:

Is Pinhouse still happening? I drive by all the time and I can’t tell if the work that’s going on over there is specific to this building or something else. There is also a leasing sign outside...

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/138495/complete-list-of-restaurants-and-bars-opening-soon-in-charlotte/

The Agenda quotes a Feb 2019 opening but who knows if they've followed up since the first report

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hokiehigh said:

You all are probably already aware but Kickstand is closing due to construction.   I am not sure what type of construction though.   I thought they may build something in the back parking lot but I can't remember where I saw that.

Well... The owner of Hawthorne Pizza is building a storage, parking, and retail building  in the lot behind Kickstand/Unicaand that other brick building... But I've been waiting to see when they'd start, and, is construction really a reason to close? Although, they wouldn't have dedicated parking for almost two years.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Well... The owner of Hawthorne Pizza is building a storage, parking, and retail building  in the lot behind Kickstand/Unicaand that other brick building... But I've been waiting to see when they'd start, and, is construction really a reason to close? Although, they wouldn't have dedicated parking for almost two years.

That makes sense.  I assume they are close to starting.   I didn't notice any work around Christmas when I went to Green with Envy.   I will look again this week since I take Hawthorne to get to work.

• Like 1