Seeker

Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

My father, who was a young electrician at the time, did the wiring in that Harris Teeter when it was being constructed in the early 60s. He said that "old man Harris" was a good person and used to bring the people working on his store roast chicken in the evening.

I would assume he is gone now. I don't know if he was related to that Harris family.

Interestinly enough, their family home which is located off Lawyers road, is now a club house for an apartment community that surrounds it.

is old man harris (wt) related to the harris family in south charlotte (e.g. dee dee)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do believe they are all related... The Harris Family and then the Morrison family

poor teeter family... no major arterial roads named after them, and no quarter of mecklenburg county developed by them.

Interestinly enough, their family home which is located off Lawyers road, is now a club house for an apartment community that surrounds it.

Where exactly is this apartment community?

Where exactly is this apartment community?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't exactly remember now as it has been a while. Maybe it is on Verndale Dr. behind Eastland instead of Lawyers. It all runs together now.

poor teeter family... no major arterial roads named after them, and no quarter of mecklenburg county developed by them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, only the pathetic little "Teeter Court" on the outskirts of the county near 485 and Harrisburg Rd. The inhumanity of it all!

This isn't quite in Uptown, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Tuscan will VERY soon announce a new development on Central Ave.

It is called Central 27, and will be very funky modern flats. (27 of them to be exact)

It will be where the costume shop is (in the yellow house near Plaza)

It should be about 3-4 stories.

Density for the streetcar!

I don't know that this is a perfect fit for this thread, but ... did anyone else notice that the Party Reflections business on Hawthorne btw 74 and Central was torn down last week? More condos or mixed use?

Mostly condos and townhomes........

This will be a good looking project that will be very dense, though will not be particularly tall.....one building may be mid-rise but still sub-10 stories.

Conformity Corp......they did Elizabeth Village on the other side of US 74.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks. i love the elizabeth village project...except they never seemed to finish painting the outside of all the units. what gives?

*as a once painter, i tend to notice these kinda things. i also was eager to see how they were going to paint it...the side facing 74 is going to be very difficult.

These people are goin to have bugs galore

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, yeah I'm not sure I would want to leave that thing open with no screen or anything. It's a cool idea though. I think the rendering of the building is pretty ugly.

That looks pretty cool - has anyone heard anything about Central 27? Has it started construction yet or what? I hope more projects pop up like this - Central would make a great urban corridor and the little shopping district has so much potential.