Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GIS shows parcels  12902406, 12902405, 12902414, 12902416, as owned by Redus Charlotte Housing LLC out of Jacksonville FL

Definitely could be wrong because what I know is through word of mouth(s) but I think Redus is a asset management subsidiary of Wells Fargo and that Northwood is the ultimate owner/developer.

• 2 weeks later...

In their 2014 master plan update, it lists the parks that households visit most often as: 1) Blythe Landing Park, 2) Freedom Park, and 3) Reedy Creek. 

Couldn't find attendance figures, not sure how they would measure that. 

http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/ParkandRec/Parks/ParkPlanning/Documents/Master Plan 2014/Mecklenburg County, NC PR Master Plan Update FINAL.pdf

New 340 unit apartment in the works ( though in planning for over a year) on the corner of Central and Hawthorne. Everybody is mad.

I can understand their worry, the scale is pretty big but we need floor plans before judgement.

New 340 unit apartment in the works ( though in planning for over a year) on the corner of Central and Hawthorne. Everybody is mad.

I can understand their worry, the scale is pretty big but we need floor plans before judgement.

Good news though, per the CBJ, it will have 8000-10,000 sf of ground floor retail.

Edited by rjp212

Veterans Park would be much more utilized by folks from the PM side if they installed a crosswalk. Currently there is no stoplight all the way from Plaza to Morningside and is quite dangerous to cross.

I think this is a fantastic idea.  An ideal location for this crosswalk would be at the intersection of Landis and Central.  The entrance to the Veterans Park is directly across the street there.  Problem is, there is no stoplight on Central there.  Maybe with the new mixed use and apartments going in along the Tommy's Pub portion, there will be enough density to get a stoplight there.

I also think crosswalks need to be put in across Plaza at Hamorton. So many people cross Plaza on Hamorton walking, biking, running, etc.  And, traffic speeds up tremendously heading north on Plaza after waiting at the intersection of Central and Plaza.  Its often like Frogger with a stroller to cross Plaza at Hamorton.  Honestly I think the PMNA should get involved in facilitating these crosswalks.

And, these two crosswalk installs would feed off each other and increase flow from west of Plaza to east of Plaza and Veterans Park because Hamorton ends into Landis.

Edited by Midwoodian