Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

worst logo, I've ever seen, beats out Pop the Top

Its pretty impressive really, not just the worst I've seen locally, it is hands-down the worst brewery logo I've ever seen, period.

Its one of those scenarios where as much as I'd love to throw my or my company's hat in the ring for some design help, when its this bad they are usually in love with it and can't be swayed. Not touching it with a ten foot pole (I'll still try their beer though!)

3 minutes ago, nonillogical said:

Its pretty impressive really, not just the worst I've seen locally, it is hands-down the worst brewery logo I've ever seen, period.

Its one of those scenarios where as much as I'd love to throw my or my company's hat in the ring for some design help, when its this bad they are usually in love with it and can't be swayed. Not touching it with a ten foot pole (I'll still try their beer though!)

When I see stuff like this, occasionally I will redesign it and send it to them for free. Sometimes people pay me, sometimes they send me free stuff, sometimes they get mad, I should really stop doing that

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, archiham04 said:

PM brewery #3

Actually #4 after Resident Culture.

Technically #2 since Legion and Catawba aren't in P-M.

Did y'all know that Catawba is way closer to Birdsong than it is to Legion?  Blows my mind.

Oh wait, what is Petty Theives at 2501 The Plaza?  Is that P-S?  Or will people consider it P-M?  Or just in purgatory?

Roll the youtube video of the Met, EpiCentre, and the Blue Line being in Plaza-Midwood.

Edited by grodney

This is the third in Plaza Midwood by the following definition:

Plaza Midwood = The residential area defined by the County's NPAs Neighborhood Profile Areas + the Business District that currently brands itself as "Plaza Midwood" and has organized a merchants association named "Plaza Midwood"  which defines itself as:The business district that runs down Central Avenue, from the 5 Points above Hawthorne to Morningside. 

Resident Culture, Legion, and now Pilot are the 3 Plaza Midwood Breweries.

Catawba is in Belmont... Perhaps in Piedmont Courts...  Eventually, that area might fold into and self identify as Plaza Midwood, but I think Belmont folks would prefer to have their neighborhood brewery.

....unless of course you are talking about that weird Catawba sign behind the building on Pecan.  If they have a brewery/tasting room over there then yes it is the 4th in PM.

Petty Thieves will be in Villa Heights (if they can get the property owner to shape up). 

Haha, no, no weird sign on Pecan.....I thought you meant Catawba (the real off Louise) and Legion as the first 2.  My bad.  I've just always thought it was really odd that the technical  (historical/google) Plaza Midwood doesn't include anything south of Central.

Legion is actually in Chantilly.

EDIT: it is actually in the real estate subdivision of "Chantilly".  What confuses everything is the difference between a subdivision and a neighborhood.  A neighborhood is a nebulous thing.  The city recognized this in the seventies and worked to create "neighborhood" definitions that meant more than the subdivision names.  Neighborhood names are for obvious reasons associated with the subdivision boundaries and names which don't change, but neighborhoods change. Chantilly is a great example.  I guess in the seventies Independence had driven such a wedge in the neighborhood, they felt obliged to give commonwealth a separate name.  

Edited by archiham04
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Past time Billards on Central has been given 31 days to vacate by the new owner.  Building to be demo'd and construction seems imminent on the new townhomes.  

Anyone hear anything new about the renovation of the shopping center next to it? I remember seeing a marketing flyer for it at some point. 

Corner of Chatham and Central Right?  I think that flyer was for the same corner. They tried to lease retail and couldn't, so selling to a townhome developer was plan B.  I don't think there is anything on the horizon for the shopping center.  It is multiple parcels owned by several different entities I believe.

In re-reading my last post, I realize that I probably shouldn't post before coffee...  I don't think there is anything on the horizon for the East side of Chatham.  There was retail flyer out there to redevelop the West corner that is now planned for townhomes.  That is probably the proposal you are thinking of.

• 3 weeks later...