Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to search for posts in a thread just by the person who posted it? I am pretty sure I designed a site plan for the shopping center on central and posted it here at some point and I want to find it.

22 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Anyone know how to search for posts in a thread just by the person who posted it? I am pretty sure I designed a site plan for the shopping center on central and posted it here at some point and I want to find it.

image.thumb.png.124ce998b820783f6c54b8fe081ad639.png

Found it! I drew this years ago. This is what I wanted to go in the Family Dollar parking lot. I didn't understand at the time that H&Ms were like 20k these days.

2 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I hope for one day in charlotte that there will be a street much like Kings street in Charleston, SC lined with clothing stores like H&M. 

Sadly this likely isn't the way the Retail Industry will ever go again :-(

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That sucks, I was just in a Charleston and on Kings street and it really made me ponder about how Charlotte is missing and extremely walkable and shopable street like it. If I for one do become a city developer one day for whatever reason, I would like to recreate a street like it.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Just wait until the sh-t hits the fan and we're back to an agrarian society! Yeehaw!

I think about wild west towns, that would only happen if we had no way to transport goods and services anymore. So, @Cadi40, make the EMP go off and you may get your wish!

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 12:06 PM, sakami said:

Is the city finally installing actual sidewalks on Pecan from Meineke down to CVS? Or is it just utility work?

IMG_6083.JPG

The sidewalk being constructed on Pecan was part of the City's negotiations for the ROW/Easements for the new traffic light at Central/Clement.

On 10/19/2017 at 9:21 AM, archiham04 said:

...and since the definition/boundaries of "Elizabeth" and "Midwood" were established based upon what "most" thought at the time, I imagine those arbitrary boundaries may change in the future.  It makes little sense to keep calling portions of town something that no one other than map makers/readers call it.

Try telling that to the people who live on Sunnyside. 

Try telling that to the people who live on Sunnyside. 

Does anyone other than a sunny side resident even know that there is a sunny side neighborhood? When all the businesses market themselves as Plaza midwood... eventually it will sink in. How long will it take? Well... most of those businesses along Central have been claiming Plaza midwood for the last 15 years. Hell even Alma Adams our US Representative describes her “Elizabeth Square” apartment as being in Plaza Midwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original Amelie's says they're in NoDa even though they're in Villa Heights. 
The area between Indy/277/CSX RR is sort of a neighborhood-naming no-mans land. It's not really Elizabeth, Belmont, or PM. I personally think it should be called something else.

That’s a good point. I think that there is the potential for that area to develop its own identity.

6 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Is the city installing a traffic light at Central and Clement, at the ent since of the shopping center with RoCo, healthy home, five guys, etc?

That is what I have been told.  Initially it was a flasher, but was upgraded to a full light after the shopping center agreed to align their drive.

• Like 2

Hey does anyone know what is going to happen with the Charlotte Fire Department Credit Union building at the end of the plaza? I assume demo and more apartments...

Also does anyone know what is going into 1212 the plaza. I remember seeing some cool design ideas for possible use of the space like a possible bar or upscale restaurant54d89a19630290388932183acafe268c.jpga45fe6a581cccbc59b07fe43c4201d8f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk