Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

18 minutes ago, midwoodhoodie said:

Hey does anyone know what is going to happen with the Charlotte Fire Department Credit Union building at the end of the plaza? I assume demo and more apartments...

Also does anyone know what is going into 1212 the plaza. I remember seeing some cool design ideas for possible use of the space like a possible bar or upscale restaurant54d89a19630290388932183acafe268c.jpga45fe6a581cccbc59b07fe43c4201d8f.jpg

Idk, but that building would he BEAUTIFUL if used for retail/restaurant and office still upstairs. Those big barn style doors would be great for patio seating. The parking lot can be the infill.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk, but that building would he BEAUTIFUL if used for retail/restaurant and office still upstairs. Those big barn style doors would be great for patio seating. The parking lot can be the infill.

51c7467cdb2123fb87c6aaa79a98ed28.jpgaf7d0ff969ae70f465ef2b5c57c6212a.jpg
Stolen from Instagram stories. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

95f9b111af259a3e050159cfd9863ef8.jpg
Follow manor.park for more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's being torn down and rebuilt. They'll move across the street to the white building for the interim. Something to the fact the current building's roof is pushing out the top of the walls. Not sure the truth to what I was told, but the basic gist was serious structural instability. It will be rebuilt to exact spec minus the serious structural instability flaw. 

On 12/10/2017 at 5:32 AM, 11 HouseBZ said:

It's being torn down and rebuilt. They'll move across the street to the white building for the interim. Something to the fact the current building's roof is pushing out the top of the walls. Not sure the truth to what I was told, but the basic gist was serious structural instability. It will be rebuilt to exact spec minus the serious structural instability flaw. 

Talked to a board member of the Charlotte Fire Credit Union and their building will be torn down and replaced. It is structurally unsound with several problems and not sure if the design has been chosen yet to replace. They are in temporary space now and will be a few years. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2017 at 12:07 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

I'll miss that skate park, but luckily  Oso Skate Park just opened up in the old Kellogg Factory on Louise Ave.

I wish there was a huge skatepark closer to Uptown. Back in my shredding the gnar days I went to Denver’s park. It’s unfortunately packed to the brim at all times, but Charlotte could still use a premier park. The ones already in CLT aren’t anything special. Skateparks are a fantastic thing.

0884FE43-65C3-42F1-8759-929BA7B2E30D.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...