Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Worries me when an investor compiles a large contiguous plot...

Business Journal Article from today:

Asana Partners recently closed on several properties in Plaza Midwood, including 1401 Central Ave., 1311 Pecan Ave., 1321 Pecan Ave. and 1419 Central Ave., which encompass nearly contiguous, boutique commercial properties along the neighborhood's main thoroughfare.”

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, GeauxCLT said:

Worries me when an investor compiles a large contiguous plot...

Business Journal Article from today:

Asana Partners recently closed on several properties in Plaza Midwood, including 1401 Central Ave., 1311 Pecan Ave., 1321 Pecan Ave. and 1419 Central Ave., which encompass nearly contiguous, boutique commercial properties along the neighborhood's main thoroughfare.”

Yeeesh that is a bit worrisome. Think DQ, the shopping center behind it are more than likely gone. 

On the 1419 Central property, the seems relatively new so I assume it will stay for now. For visual reference, below is what they purchased:

Asana Properties.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, a2theb said:

Yeeesh that is a bit worrisome. Think DQ, the shopping center behind it are more than likely gone. 

On the 1419 Central property, the seems relatively new so I assume it will stay for now. For visual reference, below is what they purchased:

Asana Properties.JPG

1401 Central appears to be the building that houses Midwood Smokehouse, which is further west than what you circled

13 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Perfect for more apartments! Sweet!

You know Asana only does retail right?  So you should be saying, oh sweet more fast casual chains to invade cool areas!

Edited by Guest

34 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Yeah I couldn't figure out how to do the blue font on mobile ;)

and no, I didn't know that about Asana. Sad to see the DQ will most likely be a goner.

Its address isn't mentioned above.

2 hours ago, a2theb said:

Asana Properties.JPG

And views from the street.  These buildings are mostly fugly.

Plaza Midwood - Asana 2.jpg

Plaza Midwood - Asana 1.jpg

Edited by JacksonH

Anyone know what is going in behind common market across from NC Red?

I asked a construction worker as I was walking by and he said half the space is going to be Korean or Thai and the other is going to be an ice cream shop. I thought I read earlier it was going to be a Mexican restaurant. Anyone know the scoop?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

On 3/20/2019 at 11:23 AM, midwoodhoodie said:

Anyone know what is going in behind common market across from NC Red?

I asked a construction worker as I was walking by and he said half the space is going to be Korean or Thai and the other is going to be an ice cream shop. I thought I read earlier it was going to be a Mexican restaurant. Anyone know the scoop?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Drove by today and the signage says Cilantro Noodle and Ocho Lime are now hiring. I tried a quick google search of both and came up empty. Maybe someone else will have better luck. 

6BEA2E66-4E84-4849-9FEE-D1E6F4F59DFB.jpeg

Edited by sakami
I can’t spell
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 7:11 PM, SpiritOf76 said:

Just noticed this new hole in the wall (Pecan next to Sammy’s deli)

E3220A33-F302-4FE3-BA0A-7F47246F64AB.jpeg

UYK75x8.jpg

I don't know if we've seen these but here are the updated exterior renderings of this redo.  All of these spaces are still listed as available online. Asking rent is 30-36/sf NNN. 

Also interesting, this company has the 9,500 s.f. grocery space  in the shopping center behind it listed as available which I don't think is a mistake.  If you remember correctly, OH Community Grocery & Cafe took over this space from  Healthy Home Market.  Which it's too bad it's not contiguous with the gawdawful medical care place on the other side of ABC. It's well short of what a Fresh Market, TJs would ever look at.  What would yall do with that back strip? 

VqUZmeE.jpg

Edited by Crown
  • Like 1