Seeker

Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

1 hour ago, CLT> said:

You can build a skyscraper out of wood (CLT, Cross Laminated Timber--I mean it's named for us after all....) if you wanted to, and we will likely see more of that in the future. Nothing is wrong with wood as a building material, just in the execution of the construction and the design of the cladding.

https://www.archdaily.com/916559/perkins-plus-will-design-the-worlds-tallest-wooden-skyscraper-for-vancouver

A CLT manufacturing plant recently opened in Alabama, and the international building code has made some changes to accommodate high rise timber buildings. I think it's a matter of when, not if we get a high rise wood building.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2019 at 2:13 PM, Crown said:

Also interesting, this company has the 9,500 s.f. grocery space  in the shopping center behind it listed as available which I don't think is a mistake.  If you remember correctly, OH Community Grocery & Cafe took over this space from  Healthy Home Market.  Which it's too bad it's not contiguous with the gawdawful medical care place on the other side of ABC. It's well short of what a Fresh Market, TJs would ever look at.  What would yall do with that back strip? 

VqUZmeE.jpg

Organic Harvest, which opened last fall on Central Ave., closed its doors on Sunday, months after the grocer ousted its CEO.

via the observer: https://t.co/ZCygH1SWzB

Good news...    It seems the Victor Shaw house on Mecklenburg will be saved.   It's near the entrance to the country club.   It seems that some of the land behind the house may be subdivided for new homes.   Also, I noticed the main house in the Cramer Estate is 'contingent'.

Also, is there still a rumor that the country club will go through a makeover/expansion?   I think I read a rumor about that a few months ago. 

• Like 3

On 7/12/2019 at 9:22 AM, hokiehigh said:

Good news...    It seems the Victor Shaw house on Mecklenburg will be saved.   It's near the entrance to the country club.   It seems that some of the land behind the house may be subdivided for new homes.   Also, I noticed the main house in the Cramer Estate is 'contingent'.

Also, is there still a rumor that the country club will go through a makeover/expansion?   I think I read a rumor about that a few months ago. 

I don't think the fate of the Victor Shaw house is sealed quite yet.  Preserve Mecklenburg Inc has an option on the property.  They have until Dec 1, 2019 to sell the option to a developer.  If they don't the house will come down.

I have heard a similar rumor about the Cramer house.  Thank goodness.