Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, sakami said:

I can’t find anything to confirm it but Laurel Market posted that Nova’s Bakery has announced they will be closing December 13. 

I found it on their Facebook page.   I would personally like a Laurel Market there but doubt that would happen.   It will be interesting to see what ends up there though.   I also read where someone though Hong Kong closed in the space with Akahana (sp?).   Seems like that building is about to get "refreshed".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pathb said:

You can access any bizjournal article by turning off your Javascript setting in your browser and reloading the page. Just remember to turn it back on afterwards

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHart said:

You can access any bizjournal article by turning off your Javascript setting in your browser and reloading the page. Just remember to turn it back on afterwards

You can also press the 'Escape' key as soon as just the words load. That stops the rest of the page from loading, including the paywall. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nathan2 said:

Nothing like two giant parking garages next to a future light rail station. Wish they could also somehow get rid of the CVS and work that corner into the development. Though at this point I guess I will settle with anything that gets rid of the current parking lot. I also found this preliminary plan for the site.

image.png.09eeee89715a450aa67b6990b86bacd0.png

Wait does that mean the old mill/factory building on the south edge of the property is gone? That would be a real shame.

• Like 1

Nothing like two giant parking garages next to a future light rail station. Wish they could also somehow get rid of the CVS and work that corner into the development. Though at this point I guess I will settle with anything that gets rid of the current parking lot. I also found this preliminary plan for the site.

image.png.09eeee89715a450aa67b6990b86bacd0.png&key=be5080ffb76908a049e37150526698fe1d42ab7572ef12b0df12731936a26f0d
In the picture it does look like the older buildings are gone.... I also was hoping they would keep them and redevelop them to be like a faneuil hall/ optimist hall type deal. Was the picture from the same article? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, midwoodhoodie said:

In the picture it does look like the older buildings are gone.... I also was hoping they would keep them and redevelop them to be like a faneuil hall/ optimist hall type deal. Was the picture from the same article? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I had thought that they were going to be keeping those structures. Which is what the bizjournal article mentioned I believe. Though I found this on the charlotte rezoning page. This was reviewed on the 16th of November.  https://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2020Petitions/Documents/Pre_Hearing_Staff_Analysis/2020_115_PHSA.pdf 

• Like 2

I see lots of conversation and details about the new development going on at the Central and Pecan area, but no real clear details of the smaller strip mall where Ritas was. Does anyone know what's going on there? I would hate to lose any more businesses!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 3:22 PM, Lyz said:

I see lots of conversation and details about the new development going on at the Central and Pecan area, but no real clear details of the smaller strip mall where Ritas was. Does anyone know what's going on there? I would hate to lose any more businesses!

Edit...this is across the side street from HT...not across Central...

This article from the Observer seems to indicate an office building.  See the "More Offices Too" section.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article247407935.html

Edited by Midwoodian

• 2 weeks later...