Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

Everyone always talks about Daniel Levine and how he is holding so much land hostage in the North Tryon area, but he also is doing the same here in Plaza. Its a shame that he is letting so many lots and buildings just sit empty or underused off of Commonwealth and the Plaza. These lots if developed the right way could really give plaza the more urban feel. Anyone have any idea what he is waiting on?

• Thanks 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone always talks about Daniel Levine and how he is holding so much land hostage in the North Tryon area, but he also is doing the same here in Plaza. Its a shame that he is letting so many lots and buildings just sit empty or underused off of Commonwealth and the Plaza. These lots if developed the right way could really give plaza the more urban feel. Anyone have any idea what he is waiting on?

Which properties does Levine own in Plaza?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what they are doing in the median at the Plaza/Parkwood intersection? I am disappointed they tore down the historic plaza midwood sign. A bunch of crepe myrtles were cut down too

52d08fa61270904789c48fb34b411d09.jpg

Does anyone know what they are doing in the median at the Plaza/Parkwood intersection? I am disappointed they tore down the historic plaza midwood sign. A bunch of crepe myrtles were cut down too

52d08fa61270904789c48fb34b411d09.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

It is part of the overall street and pedestrian improvements. I don't have specifics, but like the rest of the project on The Plaza, I'll defer any judgement until it is completed. That intersection specifically is really bad for cars and people.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It is part of the overall street and pedestrian improvements. I don't have specifics, but like the rest of the project on The Plaza, I'll defer any judgement until it is completed. That intersection specifically is really bad for cars and people.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

20 hours ago, wadesboro2 said:

I am disappointed they tore down the historic plaza midwood sign.

Screenshot_20210117-092048_Maps.jpg

Saved on Google Maps, for now. 

I can't tell from your picture, but did they demolish it, or perhaps just disassemble it so that it can be put back together elsewhere?

Edited by JacksonH
  • Thanks 1

Screenshot_20210117-092048_Maps.thumb.jpg.afec71f687647cd513ace8ab72c5336e.jpg
Saved on Google Maps, for now. 
I can't tell from your picture, but did they demolish it, or perhaps just disassemble it so that it can be put back together elsewhere?

It looks like the rubble is just cinder block. I hope you are right and they plan to reassemble it. It makes for a nice entrance to the neighborhood

• Like 3

As for the sign, the neighborhood association sent out a poll a few months ago to vote for the new sign.   I remember wondering why they wouldn't just reassemble the old one so that the two signs matched.   I haven't seen the poll results but I think it will be something different.

On 1/19/2021 at 7:37 PM, midwoodhoodie said:

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/245093/emmy-squared-will-open-this-summer-in-plaza-midwood/

Another pizza place for PM....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ya'll should be excited about this one, Emmy's is a killer restaurant with national recognition. 

• Like 3

Anybody know what the deal is with the place taking over for Pour? I saw the Tilted Kilt sign and looked it up online. Not a ton of info about when it's going to open or if the concept (self serve taps) is going to change...8fd7fdf8d9e5716e639ae7b033fa6ec5.jpg&key=6de0c981e7eb393357aa01b22ad58b5accd8bd36bf472982e6ada1e9a01251ff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/12/31/kilted-buffalo-snags-plaza-midwood-space.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_23&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...