Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/12/2021 at 7:50 PM, KJHburg said:

New housing going up around historic home in the heart of the Plaza Midwood neighborhood near Charlotte Country Club.

""A redevelopment project in Plaza Midwood will bring about a new community of luxury residences while preserving one of Charlotte's historic properties.  The Terranova Group, a Greenville, South Carolina-based residential developer, is spearheading the project on a 2.9-acre site at 2400 Mecklenburg Ave., where the Victor Shaw House, also known as the Knowlton-Shaw House, is located. The community, called Mecklenburg Park, will consist of eight duet-style cottages and two lots designated for custom homes that will surround the historic house.  Site work has started on the property and vertical construction on the cottages is anticipated to begin within the next 60 days, the developer said in a news release.""

The Terranova Group to create luxury-home community at historic Plaza Midwood site - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

^^^^ this is the site after clearing

seems like a huge retention pond but maybe it's just temporary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Errrrrr....I was confused why anyone would want anything like Clermont Hotel, but now see it's been renovated.... that's certainly a change in business model (don't see hourly rates listed on that website)....hmmm....Murder Kroger next door now looks like they are aiming for less murders as well...

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, RANYC said:

Anyone on the inside of The Plaza redevelopment?  Crosland Southeast has "Eastland Mall" redevelopment as one of its current projects, but doesn't list The Plaza as either a current or upcoming project.

You are right.  I wonder if they backed out or are trying to sell property?   I thought they were supposed to construction before summer started.   Hopefully it doesn't end up being an empty lot!

19 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Surely they aren’t tearing down the brick buildings at the back of the property right? Right??!!

Dude, don't be ridiculous. 

This is Charlotte, of course they are going to tear down the attractive historic buildings. [I think they originally said they were not going to tear them down. But, best case, they get burred beneath parking structures and made invisible just like Atherton Mill].

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, rancenc said:

Woohoo! Although that is definitely Villa Heights, not PM (imho)

Edited by Matthew.Brendan
I guess you can call Plaza the border but it does sit on VH side.
  • Like 2