Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 8:07 AM, turbocraig said:

It was the Reflection Studio that was where the Gibson is.  They named it Gibson after the guitar in honor of the old studio.

https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/article9123392.html

I think Reflection Studio used the church building for a period of time as well... not sure if any albums of note were recorded in that era or not... or if they officially "moved" their operations into the church.  They might have just used it to get a different sound?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Used to be so much info here! Where is everybody? I am wondering about who the owners or tenets will be in so many of the actively renovating or newly emptied  buildings - 2 old pawn shops, Reggae Central, The old Presbyterian church, Slate Interiors and what is going on with the newly tacky/poorly painted Peculiar Rabbit??  Where's the best place or how does one find out on their own? Thank you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lyz said:

Used to be so much info here! Where is everybody? I am wondering about who the owners or tenets will be in so many of the actively renovating or newly emptied  buildings - 2 old pawn shops, Reggae Central, The old Presbyterian church, Slate Interiors and what is going on with the newly tacky/poorly painted Peculiar Rabbit??  Where's the best place or how does one find out on their own? Thank you!

Try this: https://polaris3g.mecklenburgcountync.gov/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Walk by photos new Commonwealth and downtown PM.  Today.   Really a shame the CVS could hot have been incorporated into the larger project.  PM has great little apartment buildings which we need more of and they tend to be cheaper rents than the huge ones with tons of amenities.  

We only just got rid of the Rite Aid/Walgreens at South & East blvd. Guess we'll have to be patient :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Reverie39 said:

I'm a big fan of stores like CVS in urban areas. They're perfect for little everyday needs and will encourage a culture of walking to the store to pick up that one thing you suddenly realized you didn't have.

Sure just in a more urban format that fits in with its surroundings. The current CVS is the complete opposite. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nathan2 said:

Sure just in a more urban format that fits in with its surroundings. The current CVS is the complete opposite. 

I use to walk there all the time from my home off Nassau.  Probably hit up that CVS 2-3 times a week when lived in PM.  It would be nice for it to eventually be incorporated into a development that nicely supplements the Crosland development.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2022 at 10:54 AM, Lyz said:

Welcome to Urban Planet @Lyz!

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 11:05 AM, Nathan2 said:

I always picture something here similar to the urban format CVS that I used to live by in Baltimore MD. (Fleet Street at Exeter)

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 12.42.03 PM.png

• Like 3

I always picture something here similar to the urban format CVS that I used to live by in Baltimore MD. (Fleet Street at Exeter)
http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2022_11/1748467329_ScreenShot2022-11-11at12_42_03PM.thumb.png.0b5713f96927b1abc7d4b3bab2f2423e.png

86552b263cc1f862ba74a020abd255ca.jpg

Hillsborough St. in Raleigh, don’t even have to go that far up north.
  • Like 4