Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a new project from the Conformity Corp.

http://www.thesteelhaus.com/

This is not the Pary Reflections site. This site is located further out Central, I believe behind Village Pizza.

Definitely Mod.

Here is an article on SteelHaus.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte.../27/story5.html

It is definitely helping to add some density and population to this corridor, which I think will be great for the city and the neighborhood.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte.../03/story5.html

Things seem to be progressing well for the Morningside project. Hopefully we'll see more details in the coming months. They are slated to begin construction next January.

The Central Avenue corridor could really start to see a resurgence if this sets the tone for new development.

• 3 weeks later...

a friend of mine is opening a vegetarian based restaurant @ the corner of central and thomas st. where once stood a dry cleaner. there will be a focus on breakfast but he also talked of being open late @ night, but not a 24 venue. anyways, the name being floated around for the time being is "RISE and SHINE, 28205". i doubt that will end up being the final name... but who knows. the owner of this place is a born & bred charlottean and has tons of pride in the heritage of the city... it should be nice.

*sidenote: the tuscon condo site, which is right next door this future restaurant, looks like it's going vertical.

a friend of mine is opening a vegetarian based restaurant @ the corner of central and thomas st. where once stood a dry cleaner.

New construction or will he reuse/remodel the dry cleaner bldg? Any idea on a timeline?

This city has been hurting for a good vegetarian restaurant.

a friend of mine is opening a vegetarian based restaurant @ the corner of central and thomas st. where once stood a dry cleaner. there will be a focus on breakfast but he also talked of being open late @ night, but not a 24 venue. anyways, the name being floated around for the time being is "RISE and SHINE, 28205". i doubt that will end up being the final name... but who knows. the owner of this place is a born & bred charlottean and has tons of pride in the heritage of the city... it should be nice.

*sidenote: the tuscon condo site, which is right next door this future restaurant, looks like it's going vertical.

I'm already there!

New construction or will he reuse/remodel the dry cleaner bldg? Any idea on a timeline?

This city has been hurting for a good vegetarian restaurant.

same building, but completely gutted. over the years he has salvaged old charlotte historic paraphernalia, i am hoping some of which will make it into the decour of this place. not sure of when we might be able to dine there... hopefully sometime this summer. i will try to keep everyone posted.

Edited by cinco

Note on the Party Reflections site being developed by Conformity Corp. It now appears to have a name: High Street. Lifted from the Conformity Corp. website:

"High Street is a unique project that features single family homes, townhomes and condominum flats with secured parking. Perfectly situated on 3.47 acres between the historic Elizabeth and Plaza-Midwood neighborhoods, High Street

• 1 month later...

It has reached its quiet period after the rezoning approval. I guess we just need to sit and wait. But if you look back in the thread for the rezoning link, you'll find an amazingly large rezoning document online. It has more detail than I've ever seen for a rezoning.

Isn't it just a drive up ATM in an existing parking lot?

This is kind of weird. There is a building there that used to be Wachovia bank but the bank closed and the ATM remains open. From that plan, it looks like they are putting in a new ATM and leaving the old one as well.

The staff report doesn't refer to this as "temporary". If it's temporary why not mention it on the application?

....forget it, I think I "understand"... ;)

If I had the $$$ I'd be buying that empty grassy area across the street and do a pair of building on either side of The Plaza... ;)

Edited by Phillydog

• 1 month later...