Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can u post screen shots? I'm on a plane heading to clt for the game, otherwise I would myself.

Wow, coming down from NYC for the game? That's dedication! I live in walking distance from the stadium and I'm not going, but that's just because I have a 7 week old boy who probably wouldn't appreciate it (though he will be wearing his Panther jersey tomorrow while we watch on TV!).

Looks like the new ATM by the DQ on Central is finally open. Also, looks like the Pizza Peel and Pint Central should open in the next week or two as they are both fully furnished and have glassware/etc

They said the expect to open the week of the 20th.

I saw a U.S. Foods truck stocking the restaurant with food yesterday.

• Like 1

And in much grander scale, at the northwest corner of Cental and Clement, extending between the RR tracks and Clement is a 200 unit apartment building (4 stories of apartments over 2 stories of parking) with ground floor retail, which a 2nd phase of more apartments an option on the site.

Not sure who the developer is, this was just listed today on the ACCELA land development website.

I am not sure if this is old news for us or not but I have heard from a little bird that this project is now dead.

Here is the original CBJ piece on it http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2013/06/faison-sereo-planning-apartment.html

I remove it from the development map at the next update (its coming soon)

Apts @ 10th/Louise are still active. Apts on Clement are under construction. Neither of these projects are on the development map.

There are apartments at 10th and Louise?? How did I miss that?

I've seen some chatter about Walgreens buying the daycare near Krazy Fish and also trying to buy Krazy Fish. This was on the PM Facebook group page. Krazy Fish is trying to raise funds to buy its' building. Seems odd to be bc it is not a corner lot with a light.

Also, does anyone know when/if the vacant lot next to McDonalds will redevelop?

I've seen some chatter about Walgreens buying the daycare near Krazy Fish and also trying to buy Krazy Fish. This was on the PM Facebook group page. Krazy Fish is trying to raise funds to buy its' building. Seems odd to be bc it is not a corner lot with a light.

This is true.  They even have tip jars around 'Save the Fish' in the restaurant.  I guess the building owner is entertaining the sale to Walgreens.  KF has a few years on lease, but after would be torn for that.  

Honestly, though, if they reopen in another location, it may not be a net bad for the area as the buildings there are not exactly amazing.

Yeah I like Krazy Fish quite a lot, but if they maybe have the momentum now to actually move to a better spot, I wouldn't shed a tear for the current building going away. That said, there are plenty of sites along that stretch of Central that I would think would work better for a new Walgreens, which hopefully doesn't wind up being the standard suburban model.

I would bet that they have an option or are working on an option on the chiropractors clinic on the corner with Morningside.  I am a bad judge of acreage, but the KF and day care lots seem too small for a WAG.  That would also give them a corner at a light.

Went to Pizza Peel yesterday.  Don't know who did the architectural work, but kudos to them!  Place looks fantastic inside and out.  As a bonus, the food and service were good, too.

http://www.ruardveltmanarchitecture.com/portfolio/pizza_peel.html

I would bet that they have an option or are working on an option on the chiropractors clinic on the corner with Morningside.  I am a bad judge of acreage, but the KF and day care lots seem too small for a WAG.  That would also give them a corner at a light.

CVS @ South and Park is .75 acres, CVS @ central and pecan is 1.25.... these three parcels are .9 +/-

• Like 1

So, not sure if this should matter or not (and personally I am still up in the air about it), but I heard the owner of Pizza Peel is the wife of the infamous Afshin Ghazi.  Any confirmation?  Thoughts?  I love the community and want to support my hood, but I have a number of friends that Ghazi essentially duped on the EpiCenter...