Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that but figured there may be some other investors and he would be a good candidate to keep hidden.  Previously I ran some searches and she should up as a partner in a pizza restaurant, so I thought it might be true. Somehow, I just got a different set of results, and it looks like she is a co-owner of Pure Pizza in the 7th Street Market.

I am not sure if this is old news for us or not but I have heard from a little bird that this project is now dead.

Here is the original CBJ piece on it http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2013/06/faison-sereo-planning-apartment.html

I remove it from the development map at the next update (its coming soon)

I heard from the broker of the project that this project is moving forward full steam...one of us is not getting the truth...

It could be me, my news was from someone on the finance end of the project.

I do want it to get built

I think there may be some truth to it, but that is just based on the fact that they had their presubmittal meeting in early June and have not submitted anything since. That's a pretty unusual gap unless there isn't some sort of hang up. 

I saw that but figured there may be some other investors and he would be a good candidate to keep hidden.  Previously I ran some searches and she should up as a partner in a pizza restaurant, so I thought it might be true. Somehow, I just got a different set of results, and it looks like she is a co-owner of Pure Pizza in the 7th Street Market.

Yes, but she is the EX-wife of Ghazi. Very nice woman.

Does anyone know of a small space for rent in PM or the surrounding area that could be used for a small gym?  I work our (CrossFit and Power Lifting) with a small group of guys, and we'd like to find our own little space 500-1,000 sq. ft.  Any thoughts?  I've driven all over the hood, and I can't find anything.

Does anyone know of a small space for rent in PM or the surrounding area that could be used for a small gym?  I work our (CrossFit and Power Lifting) with a small group of guys, and we'd like to find our own little space 500-1,000 sq. ft.  Any thoughts?  I've driven all over the hood, and I can't find anything.

Is anything going on at the old Heywood Sewing building at Commonwealth and Pinecrest? Looks like the parcel was sold late 2013. Might be an option. In the mean time, you should come get a workout in at Crossfit South Tryon at the new Rugby Athletic Center. It would be good to see you again.

Couldn't agree more. I mean, why do we need 2 on the Plaza? It's not like the whole neighborhood is contained on the Plaza between Central and Parkwood. They should definitely put one on Central Ave as you leave Uptown and head West entering PM. I wonder who we could talk to about maybe moving 1 of them to Central...

And making it funkier and not look like an entrance to a subdivision in Steele Creek...

Since they went with the look of a state park monument sign, I wish there would be even fewer than two to be built.

The results of the neighborhood poll from the association website. As I recall, the two PM residents in my office weren't too pleased with any of the choices offered.

Potentially good news for west Central, Belmont  and the future streetcar corridor:

Kellogg will close its cookie factory on Louise by the end of the year. I would be surprised if this site remains industrial.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/going_green/2014/02/kellogg-co-to-close-charlotte-snack-plant.html?page=all

This is a big chunk of land adjacent to Hawthorne Mill. (I'll miss the cookie smell however). If the city ever moves its garbage truck facility most of the industrial land in this area will be ripe for redevelopment.