Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly it is now going to be a Baskin Robbins / Brueggers at that corner.    Walgreens scouts probably had one conversation about the corner or looked at it briefly and freaked everyone out.  

Which corner?  Central and Eastway or Central and Morningstar?

Construction looks to be starting on the Morningside development.  I cut down McClintock no my way home every day and found that the roads throughout that property were all barricaded besides the one I drove through.  After three u-turns I had to go back out the way I came in.  Unfortunately they have cut down a number of the remaining large oak trees.  There is also a double wide mobile construction office set up near Veterans Park off McClintock.   Considering most of that land was already graded and prepped I would assume/hope construction starts soon.

So it looks like Reflections Studios is selling everything on Craig's List because it is closing. I assume this is to make way for the new apartments. Sad to see this business go after 45 years. I'm not sure how I feel about this "progress" . I hope these apartments can hold up as well as the building that they will be replacing.

Construction looks to be starting on the Morningside development.  I cut down McClintock no my way home every day and found that the roads throughout that property were all barricaded besides the one I drove through.  After three u-turns I had to go back out the way I came in.  Unfortunately they have cut down a number of the remaining large oak trees.  There is also a double wide mobile construction office set up near Veterans Park off McClintock.   Considering most of that land was already graded and prepped I would assume/hope construction starts soon.

Where on Morningside?

morningside-villagebbmretouch*600xx2700-

Northwood Ravin Renderin gfor Morningside Village, not my favorite, but it works for Plaza Midwood. Our Fair Cities next frontier. 

Edited by Guest

morningside-villagebbmretouch*600xx2700-

Northwood Ravin Renderin gfor Morningside Village, not my favorite, but it works for Plaza Midwood. Our Fair Cities next frontier. 

Came here to post the same thing. Looking at the aerial plan, it seems there might be a mixture of styles.

http://cltdevelopment.blogspot.com/2014/05/more-urban-apartments-breaking-ground.html

I don't know if this has been mentioned but a new Ramen Restaurant called "Yama Izakaya" is coming to Plaza Midwood, and will be next door to Bistro La Bon. http://www.yamaizakaya.com

Here are the architectural design documents too :-)

https://millerarchitecture.com/restaurants/Yama%20Izakaya%20Permit%20Submittal/Yama%20Izakaya%20-%20Architectural.pdf

Edited by Guest

Plaza25 has almost been fully leased. It'll probably be fully leased within a week or two.

I actually like the way that project turned out. The units are very nice inside.

I'd love to see P-M continue with the small infill projects like Edison, Nook, and Plaza25. Ideally, I never want to see anything that looks like the Nook again, but I like the scale.

Another smaller (30-40 unit) apartment project is planned for Lamar and Sunnyside, on the site of a metal warehouse building across Lamar from Elizabeth Square.  I believe another larger project is planned on that same block.

Another smaller (30-40 unit) apartment project is planned for Lamar and Sunnyside, on the site of a metal warehouse building across Lamar from Elizabeth Square.  I believe another larger project is planned on that same block.

This is actually a townhome project called Midwood Square. Pulte is building 34 townhomes on 2.9 acres. It's everything south of Sunnyside except the largest parcel on the NE quadrant owned by Harkey Land. 

This is actually a townhome project called Midwood Square. Pulte is building 34 townhomes on 2.9 acres. It's everything south of Sunnyside except the largest parcel on the NE quadrant owned by Harkey Land. 

That sounds amazing! Just the kind of thing I've been looking for!

The distance between Thomas and Eastway could be far enough to have two stores.

Except there is a CVS at Eastway and Kilborn as well.  I have not heard of Rite Aid opening new stores anywhere, so I think the only option is a Walgreen's.  Also, I believe Walgreen's prefer to be on the outbound side of major commuter roads.