Welcome to Richmond

vdogg

I've made a few changes in order to give Richmond and other regions of this state the prominence they deserve. The Virginia forum has grown at a blistering pace and recently a lot of that has come from Richmond. You guys have your own subforum now, enjoy. I plan of having topics ranging from Richmond sports to other urban issues. This is a work in progress and any contribution you would like to make, i.e. picture threads, developments, etc, please feel free to post it here :) .

Thanks Vdogg...now if we could just get some more Richmonders to participate on this thing. You've got lots of competition from RichmondCityWatch.com and BuildRichmond.com though.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We welcome all Richmond forumers regardless of where else they may post. UrbanPlanet is not in competition with other websites and we wish them all well. We hope however to offer a unique environment where people can discuss their cities as well as learn about other places of interest and share ideas with forumers from different places. (something that isn't really possible with single city sites)

Our recipe seems to be working as we add several hundered new registered members every week and our growth rate continues to rise. We felt that Richmond was important enough city to warrant its own section so the staff thanks all who come here and look forward to the upcoming conversations.

Thanks... and I didnt mean a literal competition. I also like how you can see whats happening in other cities, though I usually stick to the hometown thing. Richmond has a lot of development going on so hopefully more will join in the discussion here as well as other sites.

Thanks... and I didnt mean a literal competition. I also like how you can see whats happening in other cities, though I usually stick to the hometown thing. Richmond has a lot of development going on so hopefully more will join in the discussion here as well as other sites.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure they will. One thing that subforums do is allow us to increase each regions prominence. Having Richmond and Hampton Roads in the same forum was starting to get a bit hectic, and even though Richmond was growing, a lot of important topics were being lost in the shuffle. The number of forumers posting on Virginia didn't really increase until the "Virginia Forum" came along, then things just exploded. There seems to be a real pent up demand among Virginians in general who are searching for a place to intelligently discuss the happenings in their cities. There is plenty of room in cyberspace for all of us, and i enjoy seeing more Richmonders post here.

I hope that some Richmonders that have some age on them can contribute. There is probably soooooo much that I don't know about Richmond that is really important. My memories of Richmond come from seeing the Legendary Santa :) at 6th st marketplace and going down to the James Center to see the lights back in the late 80's/early 90's up till today. I dont have the hands on experience of the past that others may have.....

They will show up in time. UrbanPlanet does really well on Google, and we do everything we can to keep this site from becoming a teenybopper chat room which happens all to often on other sites. We get a huge number of hits from government and business sites which would imply that most of our forumers are adults.

• 2 weeks later...

We welcome all Richmond forumers regardless of where else they may post.  UrbanPlanet is not in competition with other websites and we wish them all well. 

And we at BR wish UrbanPlanet the same. I don't think there's one city that doesn't have a bunch of forums running around the web. It's good PR for the city when people discuss online (for the world to see) what's going on in Richmond.

I'll certainly be sure to drop in from time to time. :D

And we at BR wish UrbanPlanet the same. I don't think there's one city that doesn't have a bunch of forums running around the web. It's good PR for the city when people discuss online (for the world to see) what's going on in Richmond.

I'll certainly be sure to drop in from time to time.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, thanks for popping your head in to say hello. It's not quite as vibrant here as it is on BR :)

I'm gonna be going down to jmu this weekend so I probably won't be contributing much. I really hope some other Richmonders show up while I'm gone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I should be around this weekend, but I'm not sure how much time I can devote to posting and sitting on the internet, but I'll do what I can!

I'm around too but I have trash to pick up and many beers to drink. Doubt I'll be online much.  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can find me doing plenty of the latter, but you won't find me picking up trash. Still, if you guys know anyone else that wants to discuss the 804...send em on over.

I'm around too but I have trash to pick up and many beers to drink. Doubt I'll be online much.  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Buildrichmond.com is doing a cleanup this weekend down in Shockoe Bottom.

All are welcome to join us.

Details are available here:

http://www.buildrichmond.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=712

A flier is available here:

http://buildrichmond.com/publications/BR-c...up-04.16.05.pdf

Buildrichmond.com is doing a cleanup this weekend down in Shockoe Bottom.

All are welcome to join us.

Details are available here:

http://www.buildrichmond.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=712

A flier is available here:

http://buildrichmond.com/publications/BR-c...up-04.16.05.pdf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you are getting the word out! I hope you have some strong numbers show up! Sorry I can't make it. I'll be at JMU.

• 2 months later...

does ricmond have any modern buildings

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure, catdaddy, Richmond has some modern structures. Nothing like Charlotte, but if you look at pictures of the skyline you'll see plenty of them. Welcome aboard!

Edited by burt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this forum has felt kind of sleepy as of late. I liked it when we had other contributors offering their varying perspectives (though I like burt's, eric's, and joey's just fine :) )....just like hearing from others as well!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sleepy? Where have you been? :lol: Come on over to HR for a little, it's been very active as of late. :lol: Besides, activity rises and falls by the development cycles. You get another project announced and activity will skyrocket.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the biggest thing hurting the Richmond forum is that most of the people that contribute arent actually in Richmond! I'm in Fairfax, burt's in NYC and eric is in freakin Montana. Downtowner is in suburbia.... we gotta get more people that actually see the city. :sigh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's true! I never thought of it like that, but it's so very true! Where are the residing Richmonders??? We are here because we know a good thing when we don't have it anymore (Richmond). Somehow we have to target good Richmonders (who think like us...none of those scottbs out there) to contribute to this forum somehow. Maybe a posting on the BuildRichmond forums?? :unsure: