Welcome to Richmond

vdogg

Hopefully we can get some new members soon!

I've noticed you've dropped the UP web site into chats on RCW several times lately, but they ain't bitin'. :lol:

If they'd look at your pictures, they'd see that Ryan has some serious competition.

Speaking of the incredible Ryan, have you missed his comments on the board as much as I? He must be otherwise engaged with demanding calls on his time. I truly admire that guy! :)

I think he works for an area planning commission actually... not sure what he does thoguh.

He works for Chesterfield County right now (he hates that I'm sure, but that's where he happened to land a job right out of college). I knew that at one time he was wanting to work for the City of Richmond, but I don't know if that is what he still wants to do. I'm sure he is a really busy guy right now. I do miss his comments on RCW too. I'm sure he'd like to spend more time on the site, but things are different now. Heck, he probably needs someone to be around full-time to work on his site seeing that he doesn't seem to have much time to do a lot to the site anymore. He does do very well posting photos every now and then. I hope it's not becoming a burdon for him or regrets starting the site back in 2000! Wow! I can't believe it's been that long, but boy does he have a "hit" of a site in Richmond. Too bad he doesn't get paid for it! He's really a cool guy and really LOVES Richmond!

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning folks. Just wanted to let you know I've joined your little club! I currently live in Western Henrico, between Innsbrook and Short Pump, but I'm extremely interested in the development of the City of Richmond. I'm a firm believer that, as the central city goes, so goes the overall health of the metro area.

Just a little background: I was brought up in Culpeper, VA, am an alum of Virginia Tech (hence the moniker), but spent most of my adult life in Fairfax County (20 years). After tiring of the Northern Virginia rat race, my wife and I moved to the Richmond area about 8 years ago. It was one of the best things I've ever done in my entire life! Unfortunately, my job requires that I spend about 3 days a week in Reston. Just can't seem to entirely escape the NOVA nightmare. :angry:

Mostly, I'll just be a lurker, soaking up everyone else's wisdom and knowledge, but I'll try to contribute when I'm inspired. Thanks for letting me participate in your forum! :thumbsup:

Welcome!!!! So glad to get a fresh face on the block :) (not that there's anything wrong with the old faces :lol:)

Feel free to contribute whenever you want. It's surely welcome. I go to school at GMU in NoVa, so I understand the rat race. I breathe a sigh of relief everytime I come home.

by the way, there's actually a "Welcome" thread in here for new Richmond posters. So hopefully Vdogg moves it in there...

In any case, glad you're here!

Edited by wrldcoupe4

Yeah, welcome Culpeper Hokie! Even though I'm a UVA alum, we can at least come together with our love for Richmond! Glad to see you here...and please be more than just a "lurker"...give us some of your imput please! The more the merrier!! Welcome to Richmond!

Edited by eandslee

It is my pleasure to serve as the new moderator for this forum. Most of you have seem me 'around' and I look forward to spending a little more time with you here. I appreciate all your postings and also hope that we can grow this forum as well. Feel free to PM or post here if you have any questions. :)

It is my pleasure to serve as the new moderator for this forum. Most of you have seem me 'around' and I look forward to spending a little more time with you here. I appreciate all your postings and also hope that we can grow this forum as well. Feel free to PM or post here if you have any questions. :)

Excuse me, Guy. I've noticed that Coupe has not responded in his usual ways today. Does your message mean that you are replacing him as our leader?

Edited by guynvb

Excuse me, Guy. I've noticed that Coupe has not responded in his usual ways today. Does your message mean that you are replacing him as our leader?

I don't think that Guy is replacing him. Coupe will always be the leader of Richmond.....Guy just has moderator rights now instead of editor. Coupe has editor rights now

Hold I take that back! I just read the entire post

Edited by rusthebuss

I apologize for the delay in responding but I was on the phone earlier. Coupe is still very much a part of the Richmond forum and in fact is still editor as far as I know of. My position has changed in that I have been made moderator of the Richmond and Wash/Balt forum just as Vdogg is moderator of the HR forum - basically I am replacing Vdogg over here is what I understand. I don't forsee any changes really and I hope you all continue to contribute to the thread as you always have. You guys do a wonderful job here and please do continue. I am here to help in any way I can so just let me know if you have other issues or concerns.

Edited by guynvb

I apologize for the delay in responding but I was on the phone earlier. Coupe is still very much a part of the Richmond forum and in fact is still editor as far as I know of. My position has changed in that I have been made moderator of the Richmond and Wash/Balt forum just as Vdogg is moderator of the HR forum. I don't forsee any changes really and I hope you all continue to contribute to the thread as you always have. You guys do a wonderful job here and please do continue. I am here to help in any way I can so just let me know if you have other issues or concerns.

Thank you, Guy. I'm sure you know that I admire you and look forward to your contributions.

How about someone in Richmond becoming a moderator on the Hampton Roads, and especially, the Nova posts? After all, Coupe lives most of the year up there. You are just an occasional visitor.

Thank you, Guy. I'm sure you know that I admire you and look forward to your contributions.

How about someone in Richmond becoming a moderator on the Hampton Roads, and especially, the Nova posts? After all, Coupe lives most of the year up there. You are just an occasional visitor.

I suppose you mean a Richmonder being a Richmond moderator. I think what prompted the change is Vdogg has been quite busy with the HR forum and also the Richmond forum. What I am hoping to do is to take a little pressure off him and so he can focus exclusively on that forum. My job here is really to replace Vdogg which is basically to keep postings on topic and to merge or change postings as needed. You guys are the backbone if you will to this forum and I am here to support you in any way that I can. As far as Coupe being a moderator that would not be something I have control over but he most surely can inquire if he likes. Again, I don't foresee any big changes and please do keep up the great job. I appreciate all that you have to offer us here.

Edited by guynvb

I really don't think anything is going to change with the Richmond forum. He is just watching to make sure that no one steps out of line and to move posts to the right thread.

Exactly. If anything I hope we can all help to grow our forum. Richmond is exploding with growth and I look forward to learning more about the city as well.