Anyone heard anything about Jags ticket sales?

mwfsu84

How are the sales going? Anyone heard anything?

I just renewed my season tickets last week. But living in Atlanta, I can't guage what's going on down there. I just hope some of the communiy's excitement for the Super Bowl carries over to the Jaguars.

I know this is an odd topic for a forum like this, but I do believe the Jaguars are an essential component to the growth of the area. They've certainly done their part to put the city on the national map.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are the sales going?  Anyone heard anything?

I just renewed my season tickets last week.    But living in Atlanta, I can't guage what's going on down there.  I just hope some of the communiy's  excitement for the Super Bowl  carries over to the Jaguars.

I know this is an odd topic for a forum like this, but I do believe the Jaguars are an essential component to the growth of the area.    They've certainly done their part to put the city on the national map.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, the problem is that the Jags aren't a contender and people have seen the this team perform below par for the last 5 years. People do other things now that the team isn't that good and it shows in the number of open teal seats that you see. When I was living there I wouldn't pay anything for a ticket b/c people who give them away on gameday if you want to go to the game bad enough.

Jaguars games were actually one of the best sells last year in the whole NFL.  We filled more seats than many much larger markets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right ... we were something retarded like the 4th largest stadium for one of the smallest markets.

even with 9,000 seats covered, i think alltel will still be above the league average in total capacity. unless the jags do REALLY badly, i bet next season will have all 8 games sold out.

yea to say were not playoff contenders is rediculous. an espn anchor actually predicted us for the upcoming superbowl so i guess the anaylists are on our side. it was smart covering the seats, but the large stadium is nice having considering if we have a good season sell out crowds would be expected for the following season thus removing the coverings.

When Weaver announced the seat covering, he said it would not be a short term thing. While this is frustrating, I believe this is the right way to go. With any product that you sell, you have to ensure a proper balance of supply and demand. Idealy, with football tickets, you would prefer the demand to be a bit above supply, with a growing demand. I don't see the covers coming off the seats for at least five years.

As frustrating as this may be, a stadium's capacity should not be a slider bar. It needs to stay somewhat fixed.

I don't see a problem with getting all of the games on TV; a sellout is a different story (remember, to lift the blackout, you need to sell all of the non-premium seats). There probably will be a few club seats unsold.

I figured I'd post this here:

Stadium sponsorship in negotiation phase

by Mike Sharkey

Staff Writer

The clock is ticking for the City, the Jaguars and representatives from Alltel to get a new deal done regarding the naming rights to Alltel Stadium

Jaguars season ticket sales top 50,000

Stewart Verney

The Jacksonville Jaguars reported Monday that they have sold more than 50,000 season tickets for the 2005 season and have fewer than a thousand upper deck tickets left for sale.

Combined with the covering up of about 9,700 seats at Alltel Stadium, the season ticket sales so far suggest few if any Jaguars' home games this year will be blacked out.

The Jaguars have sold 3,600 season tickets since February, leaving only 5,521 non-club seats available for purchase as season tickets.

The Jaguars' new ticket policy eliminates long-term contracts and security deposits on non-club seats, while at the same time reducing the number of available seats at Alltel Stadium to 67,164.

Scott Loft, the Jaguars' executive director of sales and service, said the team needs to sell about 49,000 non-club seats two days before a home game to avoid a blackout. So far the team has sold about 40,000, he said. And last year, the team sold at least 13,000 non-season tickets to each home game

Last year at this time the team was about 23,000 ticket sales short of selling enough to avoid blackouts.

"We're ahead of last year's pace," Loft said, adding that if you factor in covering up about 9,700 seats, "we're well ahead of last year pace."

Last Friday was the deadline for season ticket holders to renew their tickets for the upcoming season, and Loft said there are other reasons why the team thinks now is a good time to let the public know where ticket sales stand.

"The schedule's going to be released on Wednesday, and the TPC and NCAA [basketball tournament] is out of the way," he said.

Ahh, looks like the naysayers were incorrect regarding the Jaguars ability to sell tickets.  Once they got a little better and reworked their ticket packages, the tickets started selling well.  It looks like few if any blackouts this year for the Jags.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good to see there might not be any blackouts. Hey, we Floridians now when to jump on the pro sports team bandwagon and when to jump off. :D We're good that way.

Do you think the Super Bowl had anything to do with this?  It's great news!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh, no! I think that people realize that the team was almost in the playoffs last year and the team is a couple of good free agents and draft picks away from possibly winning the AFC South. That'll get you into the playoffs. People are smart enough to jump onto the wagon before it leaves.

Archived