Richmond International Airport

eandslee

lol..... both Gareth and Jones are verrrrry popular over there. It's kind of like a John Smith :lol:

Rus, it's not that you need to leave us alone. But if you're just gonna come over here and be a big complainer, then that's no fun. Why don't you start a thread in the Virginia section about how the state screws everyone over except for Richmond.

eric must be out at the silos today or just totally dumbfounded by the news :rofl:

All I have to say is this: SIMPLY ORGASMIC!!! :w00t: Oh my gosh, this kicks ASS!!! Awesome news! I'm literally bouncing in my seat right now!!! You were right Coupe, I was in the silo and am coming home to this super, most wonderful news ever!!!! You have no clue how this is going to improve the Richmond economy!!! Expect to see HUGE things happen in the business world in Richmond (more HQs heading our way!), I can guarantee it; you can bet on it for sure!!! I'm almost speechless!!! I think I have to clean out my shorts now!!.......

....OK, now that I have clean clothes on now, all I have to say is "Come on Southwest...what 'cha waiting for, huh? Bet you wish you got to Richmond earlier don't 'cha? Well, build us some more gates at RIC and we'll welcome you to one of the hottest business markets in the US too!" NICE!!! Sorry, but I'm all GIDDY about all of this!!! :w00t: I love that "smiley" - it's what I'm doing right now!!!!

All I have to say is this: SIMPLY ORGASMIC!!! :w00t: Oh my gosh, this kicks ASS!!! Awesome news! I'm literally bouncing in my seat right now!!! You were right Coupe, I was in the silo and am coming home to this super, most wonderful news ever!!!! You have no clue how this is going to improve the Richmond economy!!! Expect to see HUGE things happen in the business world in Richmond (more HQs heading our way!), I can guarantee it; you can bet on it for sure!!! I'm almost speechless!!! I think I have to clean out my shorts now!!.......
See coupe? I told you he was drunk!

hahahaha :rofl:

the Richmond lines are in Orange maybe??

Yes, the orange lines indicate future service...that would be Richmond to JFK and Richmond to Boston (2 cities, even better than New Orleans, better than Portland, and better than a few more where JetBlue only flies to one city)!

I wish...I think it's just an accident, probably JFK to New Orleans. would be cool though if it ever recovers!!

Well, the line goes from the little dot that is Richmond non-stop to the little dot that is New Orleans!!

Eric, are these 100-seat Embracer 190's large enough to use jetways? I hate having to walk across the tarmac from the little USAir and Delta flights at RIC.

lol I was wondering when you would show up and start to celebrate!

Oh, I'm here and celebrating hard core!!! I mean, isn't this just unbelievably awesome??!!! This could be the start of a major economic explosion for Richmond. I believe not having the right airlines in Richmond was one the key factors that has kept it from growing by leaps and bounds. Granted, it has done fairly well without these key airlines in town, but now there is no "negative tally mark" in expanding business's column for Richmond and that is just HUGE, VERY HUGE!! Now it will be easier to do business in Richmond...the business flood gates are now open!! Brace yourselves because as long as the economy stays healthy, Richmond will not be the same again!!!

Here's a shot of the aircraft: E190. These aren't huge aircraft, but big enough to use a jetway...and their nice...leather interior and Direct TV on the back of every seat! Very nice!

Damn! Two-abreast seating in leather! Looks like first class.

Re: direct TV: I heard that on the recent Jet Blue near-disaster at LAX, passengers were watching it on their TV's and didn't realize the flight being discussed was the very one they were on!! Was that plane an Embracer?

Damn! Two-abreast seating in leather! Looks like first class.

Re: direct TV: I heard that on the recent Jet Blue near-disaster at LAX, passengers were watching it on their TV's and didn't realize the flight being discussed was the very one they were on!! Was that plane an Embracer?

I don't think it was, BURT. Instead I think that plane was an Airbus 320 (or A320 for short). A larger plane. Here's a link: Airbus 320.

Eric, what did you think of the discussion today about a possible International flight during the 2007 festivities from an airport in Kent south of London to either ORF or RIC? Or have we already talked about that? I'm getting rattled with Jet Blue everywhere I look - even in the dining out scene! :rofl: