• Greenville/Spartanburg
    • Myrtle Beach
    • Rock Hill
    • Hilton Head
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I voted before I saw other. I voted for Hilton Head because it's in what I call the greater Beaufort/Bluffton area. Most divide them into Beaufort and Hilton Head. Bluffton rarely gets a nod even. But, the whole area is becoming one, and I hope it carries Beaufort first!!! That's "Buefert", by the way; Beaufort (Bowfert) in in North Carolina east of New Bern adjacent to Morehead City.

Well I guess since sky didn't qualify his question, Myrtle Beach has somehow ended up being a favorite.  I guess I have a different view of what a town is.

Charleston has the best urban fabric of any city in the Carolinas.  I vote for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, a city other than Charlotte is actually getting a "Best in the Carolinas" award? Who would've thunk....

Actually, I voted before I saw other.  I voted for Hilton Head because it's in what I call the greater Beaufort/Bluffton area.  Most divide them into Beaufort and Hilton Head.  Bluffton rarely gets a nod even.  But, the whole area is becoming one, and I hope it carries Beaufort first!!!  That's "Buefert", by the way; Beaufort (Bowfert) in in North Carolina east of New Bern adjacent to Morehead City.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some trivia here- Beaufort and Hilton Head Island are separate micropolitan areas but are joined as a CSA. I am glad that you guys know that our Beaufort in SC is not pronounced like y'alls :)

Bluffton is certainly a booming area, but it exists solely because of Hilton Head. You could call it a suburb of it if you want. It may not get a nod very often, but the politicians know its there, and not to ignore it!

I'm originally from Asheville, and I recall my 7th grade class trip to Columbia as being a lot of fun. We went to the Riverside Zoo and did a number of other interesting things, and I remember thinking "wow, this is a really big city!" compared to the Asheville that I grew up in.

I went to Charleston a number of times with my family and then for spring break my freshman year in college. That was a great trip, too.

My dad and I went to Greenville to buy computer stuff a lot because there were a lot more stores and better selection there for the longest time. A lot of my female friends bought their prom dresses there too for the same reason, so shopping is what I associate with Greenville.

But I can't really say which SC city I like the most, since I don't feel like I know any of them well enough.

• 2 months later...

I'm originally from Asheville, and I recall my 7th grade class trip to Columbia as being a lot of fun. We went to the Riverside Zoo and did a number of other interesting things, and I remember thinking "wow, this is a really big city!" compared to the Asheville that I grew up in.

I went to Charleston a number of times with my family and then for spring break my freshman year in college. That was a great trip, too.

My dad and I went to Greenville to buy computer stuff a lot because there were a lot more stores and better selection there for the longest time. A lot of my female friends bought their prom dresses there too for the same reason, so shopping is what I associate with Greenville.

But I can't really say which SC city I like the most, since I don't feel like I know any of them well enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

probably vote for Lake Keowee

• 3 weeks later...

I hate SC, I try not to go there, unfortunately I have to because I commute between savannah and charlotte every month or so, because I have a house in clt and an apartment in savvy, but yea.... if I had to pick one, Charleston because it is so much like Savannah :D:D:rofl::alc:

I have to go with Charleston on this one. I love Charleston and the low country. If I were to live anywhere else in the Carolinas that is where I would go. All in all though I personally have a good deal of affection for SC. Even good ol' Rock Hill. Krazeeboi did that Rock Hill vote come from you? ;)

I have a lot of friends in RH so I'm there hanging out every now and again but most of those people are recent Winthrop grads and so we are mostly in Charlotte.

That lone Rock Hill vote did not come from me, I promise. I didn't even vote in this poll since I'm not a North Carolinian. :) But if I were to vote, it would be for Columbia. I'm excited about the potential of that city.

I'm mostly hanging out in Charlotte myself, and I am a Winthrop alumnus and will be heading back in the fall as a graduate student.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived