Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okinawatyphoon

Firefighters Hope to Stall New Development

I can understand where they are coming from. Everyone will blame the fire dept. if they don't respond in ample time. They city is not building their emergency services with the urban developments. I can't believe that the city is neglecting this issue..

Oh come on, the fire department, if they are worried about the growth they need to start asking for more money not try and stop new development. This could work in their favor if the fire department wanted it to.

They city should have planned the emergency services, they new what was being proposed. I don't know if you remember but the rescue services were just complaining about lack of funds before the towncenter even started

I am watching the debate about this on e-stream right now. I'll let you all know what happened.

Wow, i don't ever think i've seen Meyera Obendorf get upset before, lol. A public argument between the mayor and the firefighters association is all the entertainment i need tonight. :lol: . They are now rising up against the Westin as well and Meyera is upset as to why this is coming up at this late date. The President of the association, upset with the mayor said, and i quote "You have no idea what you're talking about!" :lol: .

I am surprised the Firefighters such a political stance on a project that has a 100% chance of passing. I guess this is their way to lobby for more money.

removed duplicate article

I am surprised the Firefighters such a political stance on a project that has a 100% chance of passing. I guess this is their way to lobby for more money.

IRGINIA BEACH

I knew this was going to happen with all of the sprawl. All of this area is going to go into condos and high rises. Land is just disappearing.

I knew this was going to happen with all of the sprawl. All of this area is going to go into condos and high rises. Land is just disappearing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thus housing prices that are at record proportions!