Wesley Heights Projects

715nchurch

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking into it a few days ago... seems nice. Close to south end and uptown. I don't know too much about it other than its going to be a mix of townhouses and single family homes.

Its been a while since I have driven through the area so I don't know much about that either...

I think that because its so close to uptown and southend... that this development will do well and be a good investment...

When more information is made available I plan to look into it further.

Does anyone know who is developing the townhomes... I forget

Starting at 255k... A little steep for me, but the wealthy types who are getting tranferred in for BofA and such will probably gobble these up...

MM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Beezer has some townhomes for 150k there.

http://www.newhomesource.com/search/commun...MR174&cid=23212

THe rode my bike from uptown on the greenway and it takes you right to the neighborhood(no streets to get on), the area is up and coming in my opinion.

I have my realtor looking into wesley heights and some other neighborhoods close to uptown. So far nothing for under 140k (in the past couple weeks) in Wesley Heights unfortunetly. I heard somewhere on here that a couple houses were sold in there for about 60k. I wish I could find one of those and dump the rest into having the house redone, but we shall see.

Well this is were you do get that "urban pioneer" experience. I have a friend that redoes homes in Wesley Heights and gunfire is not uncommon and he has his porch furniture chained down to keep it from being stolen. Several cars have been stolen from his property as well.

I was looking into it a few days ago... seems nice. Close to south end and uptown. I don't know too much about it other than its going to be a mix of townhouses and single family homes.

Its been a while since I have driven through the area so I don't know much about that either...

I think that because its so close to uptown and southend... that this development will do well and be a good investment...

When more information is made available I plan to look into it further.

Does anyone know who is developing the townhomes... I forget

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Beazer homes is building soem town homes. I think their between 150k-170k

• 3 weeks later...

I actually just bought a townhouse in weasley heights. Beazer is building the townhouses and they are starting at 157,000 for about 1200 sq. feet. we purchased the house in the 1st phase and now that phase 2 is released we already made about $10,000 with it not even being built until Aug. I think this will be a great investment and can't wait to see the changes happen to the neighborhood. Hopefully they have big plans to fix up the rundown Freedom dr. area

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I took a look at the Beazer townhomes at Lela Court and they are pretty nice, but small (around 1485 sf). The single family houses being built by JCB Urban and The Metrolina Group/JB Homes may be a better bet because of the bigger size. As for the neighborhood.....it is definitely up and coming. Sorta reminds me of what Fort Green (in Brooklyn, NY) must have been like before being gentrified. I think Wesley Heights will be the hot neighborhood soon because of its proximity to uptown and status as a historic district. Here's a website for one of the sf home builders: http://www.lelabungalows.com/

I took a look at the Beazer townhomes at Lela Court and they are pretty nice, but small (around 1485 sf).

That seems huge to me! Of course we're about to move into a 820 sq. ft. condo. I can't imagine ever needing more than 1500 sq ft unless I had 4 or 5 kids.

That seems huge to me! Of course we're about to move into a 820 sq. ft. condo. I can't imagine ever needing more than 1500 sq ft unless I had 4 or 5 kids.

Most people confuse space they need for themselves with the space they need for their stuff. See, for example, George Carlin's routine about "stuff." I got rid of the space and a lot of the stuff. Am much happier.

Most people confuse space they need for themselves with the space they need for their stuff. See, for example, George Carlin's routine about "stuff." I got rid of the space and a lot of the stuff. Am much happier.

I guess the space issue is relative. For me, 1485 is smaller than my apartment so it doesn't seem worth it. It would be super tough having 4 or 5 kids in a 1500 sf townhome!! But I see the space working very well for a couple (I have a small child so it wouldn't work). I suppose townhomes close to center city don't get much bigger than 1500 sf anyway. I definitely liked the townhome and the layout is very nice and starting at $230K, I think it might be a good value. However, they are not building them with garages which is a concern for me given the "up and coming" status of the neighborhood. Also the 2 bedrooms aside from the master are super small (9X9).

I guess the space issue is relative. For me, 1485 is smaller than my apartment so it doesn't seem worth it. It would be super tough having 4 or 5 kids in a 1500 sf townhome!! But I see the space working very well for a couple (I have a small child so it wouldn't work). I suppose townhomes close to center city don't get much bigger than 1500 sf anyway. I definitely liked the townhome and the layout is very nice and starting at $230K, I think it might be a good value. However, they are not building them with garages which is a concern for me given the "up and coming" status of the neighborhood. Also the 2 bedrooms aside from the master are super small (9X9).

Larger families than yours are raised in 800 square foot apartments in NYC, but if what you want is more space, that's understandable.

Guess I'm always trying to pry what is generally accepted as a need from what, in a real practical sense, I truly need. I've learned I've got to challenge conventional wisdom a bit to come up with my true need. But, I'm rambling...

Archived