Wesley Heights Projects

715nchurch

the way i look at it, Charlotte is not NYC. There are tons of things to do in New York and it's a completely different lifestyle and people just don't spend as much time at home. plus, real estate is ridiculously expensive, so most people can't afford much bigger than that which is a sacrifice for living in the city. I expect more in Charlotte.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised no one linked the the dougie article on Wesley Village.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/13814456.htm

Here is the rezoning siteplan for that development.

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Planni...ns/2006-054.htm

Neighborhood Concepts also has some renderings on their site for past, future and other projects on the Westside.

http://www.neighboringconcepts.com/residential.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The Bethel AME Church at the corner of Grandin and 4th was given rezoning approval last night. The developer (who has done suburban low-rise office up until now) is proposing adding a 3.5 story addition to the back of the church office building and renovating the exisiting structures to accomodate 15 condos.

That was an interesting rezoning as City Staff opposed it. City Staff wanted the new building to be a little lower and hence less dense before they would sign off on it. They felt the new building overwhelmed the historic church. Well the neighborhood liked it, HDC (Historic Design Cmte) liked it, Planning Cmte liked it...and so city council voted 9-1 to approve it. Councilman Mumford voted against it.

In anycase I think it will be another nice add to Wesley Heights. Lets just hope that suburban develpor builds a quility product.

In anycase I think it will be another nice add to Wesley Heights. Lets just hope that suburban develpor builds a quility product.

Hopefully they won't remove too much of the existing finishes in the church itself. I've been through the place and it is amazing. Perfectly preserved woodwork, stained glass, everything. This will be an amazing and unique place. Are the renderings available to see anywhere?

The Bethel AME Church at the corner of Grandin and 4th was given rezoning approval last night. The developer (who has done suburban low-rise office up until now) is proposing adding a 3.5 story addition to the back of the church office building and renovating the exisiting structures to accomodate 15 condos.

Who is the developer? What did the new plans look like?

The developer is Diamond Oak Development (of Derita infamy). The only project in Meck that I know they have actually built is the 1-story ranch style office condos in Matthews. They've done some similar project in Union as well, and I think a starter-housing subdivision there as well.

The project essentially maintains everything that is there, but a 3.5 story annex is added to the back of the church offices (along Summit).....nothing wild going on. I don't know much more than that.

• 2 months later...

I drove by this weekend and saw that they are starting to frame up the outside of the Walnut Hill Condos. I am glad they were able to keep some of the large trees around the property.

Does anyone know what is going on at the corner of Freedom and Thrift. They are bulldozing some type of manufacturing plant. It's right across from Lela Court so I think it's the previously announced Wesley Village project but I am not sure ?

Does anyone know what is going on at the corner of Freedom and Thrift. They are bulldozing some type of manufacturing plant. It's right across from Lela Court so I think it's the previously announced Wesley Village project but I am not sure ?

Neighboring Concepts project -- they are preparing 18 or so acres into mixed residential and commerical/office. One of the large warehouses is supposed to be saved, the rest are going. The residential part will be similar to Lela Courts and Beazer is slated to be at least one of the builders (I hope they don't just build more of the same from Lela). I think this was to be called Morehead Station but not sure if that was a definite.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it's looking at the greenway then yeah that's it. James brought all the plans in and it looked fantastic. They all come with a garage and some with a garage and carport. The floorplans are very open and well designed, great detail in all rooms. The kitchens and bathrooms are a lot better than 90% of all the other things I've seen around. 900-2000ish square feet on the units priced from mid 2's to mid 4's. 24 Units total I believe.

celadongreenway.com I believe is the site, should be up in a few days.

Hmmm...I found this site online....this is James Funderburk's new project though it has a different name thatn Caledon....I wonder which is more current.

http://www.knoll24.com/

Regardless, I like the project...this is super contemporary.

Cool project, I like the look. I looked up "celadon" on dictionary.com...pale green? I guess that is a reference to it being a green project. I think Knoll 24 is a nicer name, but really like the way this looks.

Archived