Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rusthebuss

Virginia Zoo

Has anyone heard anything about the next phase of the zoo? They are suppose to be building all five continents. I think North America is suppose to be next.

How on earth are they going to fit six more continents into that tiny zoo?

BTW what do you mean by "all five continents"? Is that Africa, the Americas, Australia, Asia and Europe? I know they sometimes do things like that

Antarctica has life and the different between North and South America is huge...

How are you going to visit living Japan? Are your parents coming back to visit?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I'm going to Michigan and Ohio in June, and then my friend is driving me to Chesapeake to visit for a week or so! :)

Yup...my family is in Michigan and my sister is getting married in Ohio.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where from in Michigan, Okinawa. I'm originally from Kalmazoo myself.

New elephant on exhibit at your Virginia Zoo

Release Date: 5/16/2005

Release Time: 8:01:29 AM

Release Contact(s): Alison Swank (757) 441-2374 ext 253 [email protected]

Related Link:

Press Details:

NORFOLK --- Cita, an African elephant and the Virginia Zoo

I admit to not having visited the zoo in a few years but a few people at work have laughingly told me this was the smallest zoo they had been too. One said she got to the end and asked where all the other animals were lol. I guess I should visit it for myself but is it really that small?

New elephant on exhibit at your Virginia Zoo

Release Date: 5/16/2005 

Release Time: 8:01:29 AM 

Release Contact(s): Alison Swank (757) 441-2374 ext 253 [email protected] 

Related Link: 

Press Details:

NORFOLK --- Cita, an African elephant and the Virginia Zoo

Just emailed a city of Norfolk employee that handles the zoo to find out about future expansion of the zoo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool. Yeah I would really like to see this zoo get much bigger. When I visited it last, the Okavango Delta wasn't completed yet, and it was a pretty trashy zoo. Now that the vistor's center is done and the new exhibits, it is supposedly much better.

Richmond doesn't have an official zoo, tho there is a preserve in Western Chesterfield that has a collection of exotic animals (or did several years ago on one of my visits and I suppose it's still there).

Richmond doesn't have an official zoo, tho there is a preserve in Western Chesterfield that has a collection of exotic animals (or did several years ago on one of my visits and I suppose it's still there).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think once they get a little bigger they will have one. They do have Maymont Park which has some animals in the city of Richmond. I just hope that our zoo becomes a great zoo.

I wish Norfolk would offer a zoological park, like in DC, so that people can appreciate the zoo for free. It is so cool to just walk in the Smithsonian Zoo, which is huge, for free! It is a top notch zoo and free. How so?

Has anyone other than me noticed the restoration efforts along Monticello and the Park Place neighborhood? Park Place is changing for the better. Some nice new homes have gone up. Historic homes have been completely renovated along also. There are still a lot of renovation opportunities available though. I want to take advantage of one sometime.

Has anyone other than me noticed the restoration efforts along Monticello and the Park Place neighborhood? Park Place is changing for the better. Some nice new homes have gone up. Historic homes have been completely renovated along also. There are still a lot of renovation opportunities available though. I want to take advantage of one sometime.

I don't know much about that area but isn't Park Place an area where they tore down gov't housing or the like?

damn damn damn! the real estate speculator in me knew Park Place was ripe to become hot.