Virginia Zoo

rusthebuss

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I admit to not having visited the zoo in a few years but a few people at work have laughingly told me this was the smallest zoo they had been too. One said she got to the end and asked where all the other animals were lol. I guess I should visit it for myself but is it really that small?

Just emailed a city of Norfolk employee that handles the zoo to find out about future expansion of the zoo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool. Yeah I would really like to see this zoo get much bigger. When I visited it last, the Okavango Delta wasn't completed yet, and it was a pretty trashy zoo. Now that the vistor's center is done and the new exhibits, it is supposedly much better.

Richmond doesn't have an official zoo, tho there is a preserve in Western Chesterfield that has a collection of exotic animals (or did several years ago on one of my visits and I suppose it's still there).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think once they get a little bigger they will have one. They do have Maymont Park which has some animals in the city of Richmond. I just hope that our zoo becomes a great zoo.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone other than me noticed the restoration efforts along Monticello and the Park Place neighborhood? Park Place is changing for the better. Some nice new homes have gone up. Historic homes have been completely renovated along also. There are still a lot of renovation opportunities available though. I want to take advantage of one sometime.

Has anyone other than me noticed the restoration efforts along Monticello and the Park Place neighborhood? Park Place is changing for the better. Some nice new homes have gone up. Historic homes have been completely renovated along also. There are still a lot of renovation opportunities available though. I want to take advantage of one sometime.

I don't know much about that area but isn't Park Place an area where they tore down gov't housing or the like?

damn damn damn! the real estate speculator in me knew Park Place was ripe to become hot.

Archived