THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

Kinda neat to see the basic forms of The Rosalind and Tradition Towers shown in the newest rendering of 205 E Central; for some reason Dynetech isn't shown despite being a BBArch design.

And yes, a moderator needs to move all of this 205 E Central talk to the proper thread.

hmmm in all honesty I am not finding the new rendering nearly as stunning as the original, though I guess this is not a final rendering

all the same, on my top favorite projects downtown

I liked how the original had a good glass to outside wall ration, as to not make it another one big glass wall project

I also enjoyed the cubes that thrust into the air above the building, but from what I read I can assume you are going to keep that

but please keep us up to date, this is still a fantastic project I am very excited about

perhaps one day you can do the original concept in its full glory elsewhere downtown(ahhhh wishful thinking, sighhh)

I could not find the 205/215 Central section so I'll add to the rant..OBJ is saying this is now 285ft tall and is reporting that the hotel could possibly be one of Starwoods new W Brand Hotel. Kind of interesting since the Grand Bohemian just dropped the Westin flag....I know one person on this forum who knows exactly which hotel will be going in this place...

It's not that tall, but it is sitting right on the lake and it still fits into the step up the city has always had planned leading from TP into the CBD.

I feel like one of the few people who wondered if this would've been too much sitting on the edge of the park, not even being across the street. The loss of height isn't a major deal to me - it is too bad to miss out on such a great original design though. The redo looks like somebody took a hacksaw to the original. I hope once it's refined further that the new design will grow on me...

Also, a W seems like a big risk for Starwood, as Orlando (particularly Downtown) doesn't seem consistent with the other markets they've developed properties in so far. I know we had the Westin, but Kessler had been operating it as a franchise, no? So there was no major risk for Starwood. I didn't know they were franchising out the W brand yet...

Edited by uncreativeusername

Im with you.

I'm almost embarassed to admit this, but I've always kind of hoped that the existing buildings i.e., Eola Park Centre, City Centre, even the Post Buildings would be demo'd to expand the park. I guess I'm a stickler for perfect rectangles. Also, my understanding of the development of Eola Park is that it was donated piece-meal to the city. This is contrast to parks like Golden Gate, Central, or Grant which were essentially eminent domain/public works projects. At the end of the day, I guess we'll take what we can get.

someone explain to me how to convert a digital pict. to whatever so I can post it. 1,600 posts and I feel like a retard. I've got a cool shot of THe Pointe condo taken at night and some others.

Is your picture (on your computer) a jpg type of file? Are you looking at a 35mm print (that would need to be scanned)?

no scans; just jpg. I've got a digital camera w/ an SD card and my computer at work has an SD slot. its perfect...

simple

just go to photobucket.com

get an account

hit choose file

pick the file

then hit upload

then use the simple image code [img ]http//www.photobucket.com/reallycoolpictureofmyshoe.jpg [ /img]

and tada picture in thread

also if you need to change the size or file size so that you can upload it onto photobucket or whatever photo site you want you can either compress it using such things as stuffit

or reducing the size or quality with such things as iphoto when you go to export, it will give you several options