THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

This is an organization that is in the process of going national, but works with homeless individuals by providing housing and job opportunities. It's a much healthier solution than simply warehousing homeless people.

Homeless Solution to Keep Orlando Beautiful

I really do like the idea but the illustrations on that website have a sort of Family Guy/Simpsons satirical feel.

Are they planning to help out with the homeless from orlando?

I'm glad people are finally starting to realize that just giving them free homeless shelters doesn't do much at all to help the homless. Capitalism drives everything.....give them jobs and oppurtunities to succeed

thats the one thing that bothers me about downtown are the panhandlers and people sleeping on the street

It would be nice if Buddy did what Giuliani did. Too bad he wouldn't ever do that.

I changed it to '92 before ORLANDOJBBOY submitted his guess. I first put down '88 because I didn't notice the Arena, then after I saw it and the new City Hall, i switched it to '92. Not that it matters...

I was just razzin you. It's no big deal. It's not like I was giving out prizes or anything. To be honest with you, if there wasn't a caption at the bottom of the photograph (which I excluded), I wouldn't have a clue.

It's winter uprise! Give 'em a break.

I would be nice if Orlando would use some more stringent code enforcement to keep the vacant lots (or older low-rise occupied lots) a bit more tidy.....

Are they planning to help out with the homeless from orlando?

I'm glad people are finally starting to realize that just giving them free homeless shelters doesn't do much at all to help the homless. Capitalism drives everything.....give them jobs and oppurtunities to succeed

thats the one thing that bothers me about downtown are the panhandlers and people sleeping on the street

opportunity is one thing.....motivation is another.....

until we as a country force people to take responsibility for their own life (and their own health, finances, and whatnot) we will always have homeless people and panhandlers....

dsc6266edited1gd2.jpg

Since this is the photo thread, that is an absolutely stunning photo of downtown Tim :thumbsup: . Is that from the Nort side of Lake Ivanhoe? Hell'uva way to capture all of the buildings in one photo. I'm going to try an get on top of Florida Hopital U/C this week to see if I can grab the persective from up there, it is absolutely incredible and from that distance it provides a sillouette of the buildings that makes them appear like they are all right next to each other including south Eola all the way up Central and into the CBD. Hats off again.

Edited by orlandonative

OK history buffs, guess the year...

skyshotsxj9.jpg

this shot is so depressing. It's like a frontier town. it reminds me of when I would visit Orlando from Gainesville, and it seemed like UCF and downtown's existence were merely novelties; mere diversions to going to Disney. what a turnaround. however, some still believe that is still the case.