THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

^well brutalist architecture in any city doesn't exactly "fit" in, thats why it was in large part, a huge failure. I personally think this is one of the finest examples of the brutalist style, and I think it actually fits in quite nicely, all things considered. I do understand how something could dislike this building though..

I like the way they're spiffing up the interior of the library. Brutalist exterior notwithstanding, there's no reason the inside has to be dark and dreary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree, once you get inside (and past the constant presence of homeless people hanging by the door) its actually pretty nice. It's by far one of my favorite libraries and I'm really happy to have such a large and well-kept library so close to home.

• 2 weeks later...

Once construction on the Plaza gets just a few floors higher, it is going to make such a huge impact. Really exciting to watch. Thanks to everyone who keeps posting pictures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed some Plaza concrete appearing on the skyline from I-4 today. Shouldn't be long before it begins to fill in.

• 2 weeks later...

Once the two 12 stories (Eola & Church) get built East and Southeast of Sanctuary and the 18 story (Church & Eola) gets built South of Sanctuary the Jackson will be completely hidden from this view. But it adds to the density and its good to know the people living in the Jackson will have so many naighbors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...