sunshine

THE Orlando Photo Thread

prahaboheme    673

^well brutalist architecture in any city doesn't exactly "fit" in, thats why it was in large part, a huge failure. I personally think this is one of the finest examples of the brutalist style, and I think it actually fits in quite nicely, all things considered. I do understand how something could dislike this building though..

Dale    599

I like the way they're spiffing up the interior of the library. Brutalist exterior notwithstanding, there's no reason the inside has to be dark and dreary.

cwetteland    89

Yes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, it's kinda tucked into the corner between the main ballroom and the cheyenne saloon. The entrance is right next to the main ballroom entrance.

corpkid    0

I like the way they're spiffing up the interior of the library. Brutalist exterior notwithstanding, there's no reason the inside has to be dark and dreary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree, once you get inside (and past the constant presence of homeless people hanging by the door) its actually pretty nice. It's by far one of my favorite libraries and I'm really happy to have such a large and well-kept library so close to home.

FLClarkKent    146

Once construction on the Plaza gets just a few floors higher, it is going to make such a huge impact. Really exciting to watch. Thanks to everyone who keeps posting pictures.

prahaboheme    673

Once construction on the Plaza gets just a few floors higher, it is going to make such a huge impact. Really exciting to watch. Thanks to everyone who keeps posting pictures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed some Plaza concrete appearing on the skyline from I-4 today. Shouldn't be long before it begins to fill in.

It somewhat reminds me of the Oracle Corporate HQ in Redwood Shores, CA. I noticed the new building as I was driving down Orange Avenue yesterday to show my daughter where she was born. I dig it! I agree - it's a shame it's not closer to downtown though.

cwetteland    89

Once the two 12 stories (Eola & Church) get built East and Southeast of Sanctuary and the 18 story (Church & Eola) gets built South of Sanctuary the Jackson will be completely hidden from this view. But it adds to the density and its good to know the people living in the Jackson will have so many naighbors.

bic    75

^ That blue Eola fountain picture is brilliant.

Here's a picture I snapped of today's shuttle launch, 55 miles away in southwest Orlando:

img26974jc.jpg

Your Hospital is going to be awsome. I had to draw cylindars for 5 weeks in High school art... I think your hospital is design from my nightmares shortly there after...hehehe.