THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

Canon Digital Rebel w/lens @ 42mm, shot at 7:19 PM on March, 20 2007.

Manual exposure mode with Auto white balance and sRGB color space.

Shot at ISO 200, f/5.6 @ 1.3 seconds w/front fill flash.

Post-processed with Adobe Elements v.2.0

geez. you guys are way beyond anything I ever contemplated regarding photographic expertise. kudos.

we need to all start taking some really photogenic picts of ORL. I'm going to start taking some myself as well.

unless someone beats me to it, we need to get some nice night shots of OCCC N/S building when it's lit up.

This is a great idea! Most pix I've seen of Orlando, outside of this forum, are none too flattering. Most postcards of Orlando show the city at it's worst, and from horrible angles. The person from Philly (or whereever) who took all those really great photos of downtown Orlando did such a tremendous job, on most of those I found myself asking "Is that REALLY Orlando?!"

It's all a matter of perspective, what you choose to see. The bad, or the good?

Edited by radiostatic102

Here are a few more from the other day, night, and tonight... I wish I'd have taken photos of the new OCCC wing when IAAPA was there in '03. An attendee was showing off their lighting and had the place changing color like Cinderella's Castle--- I'd thought at the time that the county had paid for something awesome!

DTO022.jpg

DTO019.jpg

DTO005.jpg

DTO017.jpg

DTO023.jpg

DTO020-1.jpg

DTO024.jpg

WeNeed2Progress, those are some brilliant shots. I am most positive that we ran into each other on possibly Tuesday evening when you took those photos of the lake. Small world. I told my girlfriend, at the time that I would see the photos that the man was taking. She missed the point, which she usually does.

JRS1, dude that baner was huge. Screw your camera, somebody call NASA. You could get a hell of a shot of that thing from space.

WeNeed2Progress, those are some brilliant shots. I am most positive that we ran into each other on possibly Tuesday evening when you took those photos of the lake. Small world. I told my girlfriend, at the time that I would see the photos that the man was taking. She missed the point, which she usually does.

JRS1, dude that baner was huge. Screw your camera, somebody call NASA. You could get a hell of a shot of that thing from space.

Haha, cool! Yeah, I took photos by the lake on the Tuesday and Wednesday before last... so I guess you did get to see them.

^ Sunshine is right though, downtown is very small in area.

Of course, this can be viewed as a positive thing, as almost every project underway in downtown is bringing something new and exciting to a relatively small area.

Compare that to the throngs of projects spread out for miles in Miami/Brickell/Biscayne. While the projects are larger/grander/glitzier/far more plentiful, they're really not going to have the transformative effect that's happening it DT Orlando, simply due to how far apart they're spread, and how pock-marked and non-continuous Miami continues to be away from the water. For what it's worth, for the time being and for the near future, I consider DT Orlando to be a far more livable, strollable, and attractive DT than Miami... Miami Beach is another story of course.