THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

This is the restaurant / bar that is taking over the old beer garden and restaurant space that was Kate O'Brien's. This is going to be very cool. It looks like one bar in the main indoor area and maybe 3 more bars outside. There was a sign with a name of the place on the windows, but I don't remember it. It says they are hiring all positions, so if you know anyone in the restaurant/hospitality biz that is looking for a new place to work or maybe transition out of real estate, let them know.

beer_village.jpg

Edited by bulldogger

• 2 weeks later...

I participated in a charity walk to benefit the Hope and Help Center. It was held at Lake Eola. I snapped a few photos with the camera phone. Not the greatest shots, but hey, I was walking.

Central Boulevard

IMG_0363.jpg

Paramount behind the oaks

IMG_0367.jpg

Downtown duck fountain

IMG_0374.jpg

Pug in the downtown duck fountain

IMG_0373.jpg

Staging ground for walk

IMG_0366.jpg

Eola Skyline

IMG_0371.jpg

View of the Vue

IMG_0379.jpg

Eola Skyline

IMG_0378.jpg

Dynetech and Library

IMG_0391.jpg

Edited by FLClarkKent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Gibson corner looks great! I'm trying to remember what this looked like before (haven't been back in almost a year). The balconies are a nice accent to downtown, I wish more buildings used them.

It was a very plain, non-descript looking old storefront that had paint over it & no architectural detail whatsoever. All those brick columns & the balconies are brand new. What is now the main entrance to the store used to be the side of the building & was a solid wall.

Many years ago there was a really cool mural on that wall of an old Victorian era house at night with all the lights on & dancing couples silhouetted in the windows.

As much as I love the idea of a Gibson guitar store in DT, I wonder if there's really a need for it.

Can't you get Gibson guitars from Sam Ash or from online stores on the internet?

Will that place really generate that much business there?

I hope so.

They don't seem to have very many guitars in there, though.

Edited by JFW657

As much as I love the idea of a Gibson guitar store in DT, I wonder if there's really a need for it.

Can't you get Gibson guitars from Sam Ash or from online stores on the internet?

Will that place really generate that much business there?

I hope so.

They don't seem to have very many guitars in there, though.

I forgot how many people I actually know in the local music business. I haven't been following or promoting any music in about 7 or 8 years when the pop craze took over Orlando. Blah, blah, blah. Anyway, the Gibson Showroom, as it is being called, will only be used for private party rental and special events that Gibson holds for out of town musicians when they are visiting. From what I can tell, it is the only one outside of Tennessee and since this is not at Downtown Disney, that is a real good sign of Orlando's prominence in the entertainment industry.

I took about 500 pics this weekend, so I have a lot processing to take care of. I will have some photos later.

From what I hear, there is going to be a new corporate tower built in downtown. Here's the first rendering...

img1526iy2.jpg

OK. Seriously, here's some pics from the Stirling Sotheby penthouse - 16th Floor - North Tower.

img1528ee9.jpg

img1533ij1.jpg

img1536fq3.jpg

img1540xf9.jpg

img1546jo5.jpg

img1547hc4.jpg

img1551jw4.jpg

img1552dg5.jpg

img1558fy2.jpg

And by far, the best view in the house is the Miller Lite girls...

img1537ey1.jpg

This is just a shot I got Friday night at Pine and Orange.

img1659be5.jpg

Friday Night headliner on the Main Stage at Wall Street Plaza was Von Ray. Got a little Dynetech in there with them.

img1765lp2.jpg

It was an industry party for the Florida Music Festival hosted by Bonded Records. It was supposed to be the party for their new company Bonded Distribution. "Almost catering" by Whole Foods Market. Drinks by Three Olives vodka and Miller Lite. I say "almost," because they provided a couple trays of wraps and a couple trays of chips and hummus. I don't know why I expected more of them. "Party trays supplied by" doesn't exactly equate to "catered by" in my mind. It is a music festival and there is always going to be someone that is "on" something or is too young or immature to know how many drinks is enough to be buzzed and not obliterated.

Happy Memorial Day to everyone.

flags.jpg

I double checked with Gibson and I was incorrect earlier in stating that this is the only showroom outside of Tennessee. They are also located in a few other markets which are London, Paris, New York, Beverly Hills, Austin, Miami, Singapore, Seattle, Milan, DC, Tokyo, Toronto, and Berlin.