THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

I've never liked the roof on SunTrust. I've always thought it looked kind of "gimmicky". Overall, it's a good looking building, but I just wish they'd either get rid of those pyramids or raise them up higher or something.

I've always felt SunTrust would look much better with a roofline like the one on the building in the center of this pic of downtown Tampa...

050409.jpg

Just my opinion.

I've never liked the roof on SunTrust. I've always thought it looked kind of "gimmicky". Overall, it's a good looking building, but I just wish they'd either get rid of those pyramids or raise them up higher or something.

I've always felt SunTrust would look much better with a roofline like the one on the building in the center of this pic of downtown Tampa...

050409.jpg

Just my opinion.

Amsouth... or former Amsouth... good looking bldg. I don't like Suntrust (for the record). hopefully, when the Hilton goes up, and if and when TT goes up, they will take that much more attention away from Suntrust so it doesn't stick out as much.

^The Suntrust building adds a vertical element to the cluster that would be all but non-existent otherwise. It is downtown Orlando's signature skyscraper, hands down. I find it odd that people rant about the post-modernist Suntrust, yet rave about prefabications that are mere shells of Suntrust like the Plaza, Lincoln, etc. The precast stone of these newer buildings are far more offensive than anything relating to their predecessor.

Edited by prahaboheme

^The Suntrust building adds a vertical element to the cluster that would be all but non-existent otherwise. It is downtown Orlando's signature skyscraper, hands down. I find it odd that people rant about the post-modernist Suntrust, yet rave about prefabications that are mere shells of Suntrust like the Plaza, Lincoln, etc. The precast stone of these newer buildings are far more offensive than anything relating to their predecessor.

I agree with you. in all respects. it is granite throughout. it's quality. except for the agua. I can appreciate that in Chicago, the former CNA was painted red when it's cousins were black steel/aluminum facades, and it made for a great backdrop to postcards. Maybe in that respect, it's ok.

• 2 weeks later...

OK ... I may be slow ... but what Orlando pictures are everyone talking about? I went back about 30 posts and only see Austin (I think). ?Que?

Didn't you know? This is the Any City Except Orlando Pics Weekly Update thread. If you want Orlando pics, you'll have to go somewhere else.

050409.jpg

Just my opinion.

It looks exactly like a hotel in San Diego.