THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

I took the pictures at lake Eola, I estimate they were about 400-500 people throughout the park. I was also impressed by the emerging skyline of South Eola area. 420 building @300 units Citi @230 units and now and the other building bringing @ 350 units your looking at an additional 880 units times that by 1.5 per unit and you got over 1,300 new residents. Another 4-5 230ft + high rises at 250 units each add 1000-1250 units which would do wonders to the neighbourhood. My observations from a visitor perspective. 

I'm speaking of Sout Eola, they seemed to be enough open land to add another 4-5 more highrises without building anything else on Lake Eola park. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Universe_Explorer said:

Why did they interrupt the green stripe at every intersection?  It's still a bike lane.  Heck, that's probably the most dangerous section! It's already driving me nuts

I saw that, too. I thought the green was specifically for intersections, including boxes at the light for cyclists to wait in front of the cars? Did they literally do it backwards...? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Universe_Explorer said:

Why did they interrupt the green stripe at every intersection?  It's still a bike lane.  Heck, that's probably the most dangerous section! It's already driving me nuts

Wouldn't that be because you aren't supposed to ride a bike through an intersection? Guy I play soccer with who bikes everywhere said you are supposed to dismount.