THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

As a distraction, here is another lovely photo of our pagoda from last Halloween night. Color Enhanced, and Color Faded. . . The light-strip was off on one edge, and it seems it still is from the recent photo posted above. Oh well.  Didn't notice it at the time, Hahaha!

Alex Halloween Pagoda.png

And for the subtle faded effect:

Alex Halloween Pagoda Faded.png

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

I think it may add some authenticity with one burnt out strand, actually.  Thank you for the photoshop. I can do it as well, but I kind of like the original for that flawed, "this happened and it is real" portion of the photo along with the exaggerated colors.

I hope you all enjoy the photos. 

Edited by dcluley98

17 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

I think it may add some authenticity with one burnt out strand, actually.  Thank you for the photoshop. I can do it as well, but I kind of like the original for that flawed, "this happened and it is real" portion of the photo along with the exaggerated colors.

I hope you all enjoy the photos. 

I know you can, but..... what fun would letting you do it yourself have been for ME?????? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, codypet said:

I work in drainage and stormwater and I don't think I've ever seen lake levels get as low as they are right now.   Crane's Roost is dry near I-4.  Lake Como is 6' low.  You can't even see Lake Lancaster from Kaley anymore.

It was much worse in 1998.

You could LITERALLY walk across Lake Davis without even getting the tops of your shoes wet.

Not sure, but I think I remember actually doing it once.

Aside from some wet mud near the middle, it was COMPLETELY DRY!!!!

Lake Eola wasn't much better off.

42 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

It was much worse in 1998.

You could LITERALLY walk across Lake Davis without even getting the tops of your shoes wet.

Not sure, but I think I remember actually doing it once.

Aside from some wet mud near the middle, it was COMPLETELY DRY!!!!

Lake Eola wasn't much better off.

Wasn't that the year we had all the wildfires and Pat Robertson declared it was Orlando's punishment for putting up the rainbow flags around the Pride parade route? Interestingly, there were no fires downtown- those were all out in the exurbs where the 700 Club supporters roam.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Wasn't that the year we had all the wildfires and Pat Robertson declared it was Orlando's punishment for putting up the rainbow flags around the Pride parade route? Interestingly, there were no fires downtown- those were all out in the exurbs where the 700 Club supporters roam.

Yes, we had virtually zero rain almost all summer. 

July and August was hot and dry with little or no humidity. It was strange. Probably what Arizona feels like. I lived on E. Church and Summerlin and I remember trying to put a little bit of water on our postage stamp sized front yard every afternoon just to keep the grass from getting too crispy and completely dying. And smelling that smoke every time I stepped outside.

• Like 1

To be fair re: Lake Davis drying out, all the water didn't evaporate from lack of rain. The lake used to be fed from the bottom and when the surrounding water table went down far enough, the hole that fed the water to it, turned into a drain. After the drought was over, they brought in bulldozers and a big pile of clay which they used to plug the hole with then let it refill naturally. Or possibly by using the drain system that connects all the surrounding lakes together.

• 4 weeks later...