THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, ucfpatriot18 said:

From today.... cool view of the creative village and zoom in to see news SunTrust tower.   

96FD798A-7303-48E2-9FB7-A8CC92FD134A.jpeg

whats being built across the corner of  7/11?  im going blank

awesome pics btw

Edited by W7edwin
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smileguy said:

It strikes me that there is enough space for --- something --- between the tracks and Suntrust garage

It depends... is the drive/walk way behind the brick wall needed. If so, then you have about 30 feet to work with. If not, you have a little over 50 feet. If you are limited to 30 feet I'd use it as a mini-park to serve the train stop- maybe allow food trucks.

18 minutes ago, gibby said:

There's about 87 feet available between the railroad r/w line and the existing parking garage.  There should be plenty of room to build something nice there.  They should build twin residential towers with parking in the existing garage.

Well, there could possibly be questions and issues surrounding who owns the land, if its already part of the parcel the garage is occupying, if it could be separated out, if the current owners even want to sell it, whether or not there are any easements or requirements for surface parking on that particular spot, etc.

And then of course, from the 87' there would have to be subtracted whatever space is required between any new construction and the garage as well as the other side, so there might only be 77' or less, if building there is even allowable.

Looks like a prior massing model for Church Street Plaza.  That's not what is getting built.  However, I believe that the person was posting it because you can see that gap in between the RR tracks and Garage filled in with another building in this model. 

Edited by dcluley98

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

Better him, than a homeless person popping a squat in the bushes while locking eyes with you. Oh the things I've seen on this side of the lake! lol

If they're like a couple of the things I've seen down around there, I know why you can't describe them in this forum. 

• Haha 1