THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

On 4/7/2023 at 8:46 PM, F-L-A said:

I have a novel idea; put a building there, not an ugly mural. 

Sometimes in NY they just build a one story building on a lot like this which could serve as a convenience store, deli, etc. If I had to guess, the owners probably couldn't justify constructing a multistory building on site and come out on top financially. Spenser's favorite feature of the old proposal was the slide to get from the top level to ground floor. 🛝

Hell, even a little food truck park could work. Put a food truck along each wall, throw down some picnic tables in the middle to make a little courtyard and landscape/hardscape around the perimeter would still be more useful than what it served all these years.

Some people have no vision.

13 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

Hell, even a little food truck park could work. Put a food truck along each wall, throw down some picnic tables in the middle to make a little courtyard and landscape/hardscape around the perimeter would still be more useful than what it served all these years.

Some people have no vision.

That's a good idea, and I'm just guessing here, but there could be some other reasons why it hasn't been done already.

I'm thinking maybe the rent the property owners would need to charge just to cover the expenses involved with getting the lot prepared, property management fees, liability insurance, etc, etc, are such that small enterprises like that just wouldn't be financially viable.

Again, I'm just guessing.   

On 4/7/2023 at 12:18 PM, JFW657 said:

So the new mural is finished....

Screenshot-20230407-121421-2.jpg

Not a fan. 

did you notice in the upper right hand corner, God's hand holding up The Sun/Florida Orange in the sky?  That was pretty good.

You're probably correct in your assessment of it looking like a brochure. But I have to credit the artist(s) with the imagery. They got the windows down on the Sunrail locomotive and the N/S Bldg, and the MCO FAA Tower looks like it otherwise should.  As least they're not generic representations.  They even have the Mars rocket design down ...

Here's a unique angle...

20230413_134754.jpg

17 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

did you notice in the upper right hand corner, God's hand holding up The Sun/Florida Orange in the sky?  That was pretty good.

You're probably correct in your assessment of it looking like a brochure. But I have to credit the artist(s) with the imagery. They got the windows down on the Sunrail locomotive and the N/S Bldg, and the MCO FAA Tower looks like it otherwise should.  As least they're not generic representations.  They even have the Mars rocket design down ...

Here's a unique angle...

I didn't interpret the hand holding the orange as belonging to God.

Looks to me like a person's hand holding an orange with the sky as a backdrop.

But whatever floats one's boat, I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tim3167 said:

Made a visit to Lake Eola yesterday and it really struck me what a nice cluster the Vue/courthouse/First FA (what do we call this thing) is really developing into. I appreciate when the skyline develops into layers of buildings from certain views.

IMG_0341.jpeg

IMG_0340.jpeg

i-am-your-density.jpg

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, F-L-A said:

The way the light reflects off of it looks like it might be interesting, but other than that, I kinda hate it. To me it just looks like it's been primed and is still awaiting an actual coat of paint. 

It looks great lit up at night, but during the day it looks horrible. 

I dunno.

I'll have to see it in person before I can pass any judgement on it.

And how it holds up over time. How dirty looking it gets.

I will say one thing.... inasmuch as I've never liked those pyramids anyway, if this new white paint causes them to kind of blend in with the sky and disappear, or not be as obvious, I might end up actually liking it just for that reason.  

• 2 weeks later...