THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

Sorry, my computer is having issues, not translating exactly what I do type

Just indicating that I moved to San Diego Fall 2005, thought was a good idea at time for new beginning but has since blown up in my face

I miss Orlando and FLA in general, this amazing overcast photo proves it, you will never see such a sight in SoCal

SoCal is a different culture indeed. I did a 19 month stint in San Francisco from 2003-2004. I wish I could say I enjoyed the experience, but I think that when you grow up back east (or down south) you're just wired differently.

SoCal is a different culture indeed. I did a 19 month stint in San Francisco from 2003-2004. I wish I could say I enjoyed the experience, but I think that when you grow up back east (or down south) you're just wired differently.

I heard that

I love FLA laid back culture but no matter how laid back it is, still East Coast and East Coast mentality

Half the crap I see in San Diego would lead to a lynching in Orlando

Why the hell did I let my wife decide to relocate?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why the city didn't try to clean up the fountain before the Fourth of July, but they've been working on it the last couple of days, and it looks nearly brand new. I don't know if that gunk was rust or algae, but it's gone now.

They clean it like this once a year. But it always used to be done a couple weeks before July 4. Not sure what happened this year.

New addition of railing to close in the sidewalk in front of the Sanctuary presumably for a cafe as part of the ground floor restaurant. In front of the moving truck is the grease trap that gibby loves.

p1050374nj8.jpg

Common concrete with some standard FDOT highway handrails ending at a Type E inlet. Real nice.

well hopefully most of the concrete will be covered up by dining tables, etc... a lot of pressure on The Beacon now to style this corner up, since the building is not leaving them much more than a bland steril space. I mean would a fountain have been too much to ask! (like the one in front of The Waverly) Well, here's hoping The Beacon has a good designer!

probably grime or algae....the thing is plastic....it can not rust

Plastic? Just shatter my dreams why don't you. Here I am thinking that it as ordered from the Sears catalog from the 1890's and specially delivered from England or something. Nope. It's just plastic. Coulda found it in a box of kid's cereal... :cry: