THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

now I feel like a complete A-hole for posting substandard photos.... :)

my philosophy is do what you can with what you got (within reason of course).

yea - your photos looked great! nothing sub-standard about them...all depends on your standards, I suppose :)

The view *is* great up there, especially on a clear day. You can see the downtown skyline all the way through the J.W. Marriott in Hunter's Creek. You are right though, one would need a tremendous telephoto lens to get clear shots.

I'd love to get up there with a 400mm supertelephoto and a 2x extender...but I fear I'd be arrested or shot. :whistling:

yea - your photos looked great! nothing sub-standard about them...all depends on your standards, I suppose :)

I'd love to get up there with a 400mm supertelephoto and a 2x extender...but I fear I'd be arrested or shot. :whistling:

Not to mention the tripod... hmmm...

now I feel like a complete A-hole for posting substandard photos.... :)

my philosophy is do what you can with what you got (within reason of course).

I just caught this... as evveryone else has said, no need to feel like an "A-hole", your photos are great, especially seeing how different the angles are!

great shots-- check out Winnie-- great shot.

other that Winnie, if one were to make a photo survey of the most intriguing/distinctive architecture here, what would you all include? I'm going to start a list:

1. Winnie Palmer

2. PTP N & S

3. History Center

4. Spaceship Earth

5. Space Mountain

6. Contemporary

7. OC Cthse.

8. OCCC N/S Bldg.

9. HealthCentral

10. *Vue

11. *Majesty

12. Grand Floridian

13. Hyatt OIA

14. Planet Hollywood restaurant

15. Cirque du Soleil arena

16. Bloomingdales dept. store

17. Millennia Mall overall

18. Celebration Place-- 10 story tower

Edited by JRS1

we should start a thread showcasing these unigue structures, and start accumulating photos and placing them there. kind of like if there was a coffee table book of Orlando architecture...

too bad Xanadu house is gone (maybe it's a good thing).

Miami is known for the art deco and those neat condo towers with interesting features by comparison.

Maybe do an historic one as well. I don't know... just thinking out loud.

we should start a thread showcasing these unigue structures, and start accumulating photos and placing them there. kind of like if there was a coffee table book of Orlando architecture...

too bad Xanadu house is gone (maybe it's a good thing).

Miami is known for the art deco and those neat condo towers with interesting features by comparison.

Maybe do an historic one as well. I don't know... just thinking out loud.

I wish we had more historical architecture here, but just imagine 100 years from now if some of the crazy buildings we have now still exist, like the Dolphin and Swan hotel and all the wierd tourist stuff. I believe Orlando is older than Miami, we should have more buildings on the scale of Church St., it was a frontier cowboy town. I think their was a big fire that destroyed downtown once, maybe in the late 1800's. And I'm pretty sure I-4 took a big chunk of buildings when it was built. According to my mom, before I-4 there was a lot more shops and movie theaters. Movie theaters were segregated and I think a couple of the African American theaters were torn down as well as some hotels. Also when you look at old pictures of Orlando in the 1800's most of the buildings look like they were made out of wood so they probably didn't last long or burned in the fire. Also just thinking out loud.......

Its a nice facility. I dig the glass.

hey taureanj...i didn't realize Tally had a skyline...it actually looks like Orlando did not long ago...are there any new additions being built or planned in downtown Tally?

hey taureanj...i didn't realize Tally had a skyline...it actually looks like Orlando did not long ago...are there any new additions being built or planned in downtown Tally?

Yes, there is Plaza Tower a 22 story tower being built right now, and we have plans for about 3-4 more building now... Plaza tower.net for the site

Yes, there is Plaza Tower a 22 story tower being built right now, and we have plans for about 3-4 more building now... Plaza tower.net for the site

Thanks for the info, i'll check the out the site. We need a real city up there in the panhandle. I-10 is such a long drive when traveling, Tallahassee could make it more interesting. Have you guys up there ever heard any rumors of an interstate being built from Columbus, Ga to Tally? I read something about it in the GA forums somewhere. That would surely open up all kinds of possiblities for Tallahassee.....

Thanks for the info, i'll check the out the site. We need a real city up there in the panhandle. I-10 is such a long drive when traveling, Tallahassee could make it more interesting. Have you guys up there ever heard any rumors of an interstate being built from Columbus, Ga to Tally? I read something about it in the GA forums somewhere. That would surely open up all kinds of possiblities for Tallahassee.....

There is talk... if the MPO can get their act together we may actually see something materialize. I suppose TD beat me to answering the other question. We've got a few things planned and in the pipe line a tower next to the capitol building will soon be our second largest building (trying to preserve the Florida Capitol as the tallest... for now) and a few smaller projects... if you all ever tire of all of the attention and development you can send some our way... :)

I was going to ask if Orlando has some historic sites that you all could feature on here?

I rarely post on forums...so rarely that I've forgotten my user name and pass word for this site. Anyway I thought you all would enjoy these. Just a few of my favorites from my abstract prints that I've taken around town.

1Illusion.jpg

1PointingYellowwithRedandBlue.jpg

1WinniePalmerHosp.jpg

1Spinal1.jpg

BlackandWhiteandBlue.jpg

1ShadesofBlueReflectingRedoverMutedYellow.jpg

1Blue.jpg

Cool pics...the one with the streetlights has me stumped...where's that?