THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

Did a walking tour of Orlando a few weeks back. It had just stopped raining, taken between 10am & 11am.

can't figure out how to embed pictures from flickr. But here's a link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66792931@N00/...57602435405802/

The purpose of my walkabout was to identify examples of good/bad pedestrian facilities, and to take some interesting shots. So, no awesome looking pics of skyscrapers, LOL.

Did a walking tour of Orlando a few weeks back. It had just stopped raining, taken between 10am & 11am.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/66792931@N00/sets/72157602435405802/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/66792931@N00/...57602435405802/</a>

The purpose of my walkabout was to identify examples of good/bad pedestrian facilities, and to take some interesting shots. So, no awesome looking pics of skyscrapers, LOL.

Very nice photos, great job

There is nothing no greater than Orlando or for that matter Florida as a whole after the rain

Very nice photos, great job

There is nothing no greater than Orlando or for that matter Florida as a whole after the rain

yeah, I love taking pics after a rain...everything's nice and shiny and the lighting always seems pretty good, especially with our sun showers.

You got a pic of the inside of Glatting Jackson. That's very cool. You don't see many places with bicycle racks and theirs is always being used by the employees.

HA! I was wondering if anyone would know where those racks were located. Their building is gorgeous! I'm terribly jealous, though I work in a pretty cool building, but it's in Maitland. I hate the commute.

HA! I was wondering if anyone would know where those racks were located. Their building is gorgeous! I'm terribly jealous, though I work in a pretty cool building, but it's in Maitland. I hate the commute.

I know dude! I want a tour of that office. I saw a pamphlet in their office with pictures of the different areas and it looks awesome. It even appears to go into Kuhns building next door. Though I have a hard time believing THAT many people bike to work. My coworker said it may just be a piece of abstract art. The office is choked full of it.

I know dude! I want a tour of that office. I saw a pamphlet in their office with pictures of the different areas and it looks awesome. It even appears to go into Kuhns building next door. Though I have a hard time believing THAT many people bike to work. My coworker said it may just be a piece of abstract art. The office is choked full of it.

Some of them may leave bikes there as opposed to in their homes, because I have gone by Roho's to get coffee very early in the morning and there are always bikes there. I have never seen less than 2 at a time, but it does fluctuate. Maybe the company leaves some on hand for employees to borrow. A little piece of the Netherlands right here in Orlando.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/66792931@N00/sets/72157602435405802/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/66792931@N00/...57602435405802/</a>

Very nice walkabout! It makes me rather homesick, in fact.

I'd do anything to get a job downtown, just for the oppertunity to ride my bike to work. :angry:

I'd do anything to get a job downtown, just for the oppertunity to ride my bike to work. :angry:

i've been looking forward to cooler weather all year just so i can ride my bike to work . . . i've only lived and worked in the cbd since april :wub: i'm thinking maybe in november it will be cool enough. but then how will i get my morning snacks from b&s and ride my bike? man, i have to come up with a plan.

well, I do know that one of the employees spends most of his time on the road travelling around the country and he's technically not located in Orlando. But he does have a bike at the office. I do think a lot of bikes are left there. But many are being used by employees on a regular basis.

We got a little tour of the building and they are hosting the FAPA/FPZA holiday party in their 'town center' which is a very open air space with conference rooms, cafeteria, library, et al. I believe it does bleed into Kuhn's space on the second floor, where the town center is located. They've left the interior very rough and open.