THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

Any one know what this single story complex is in the foreground of this pic. It is right next to the old Lynx station

That's the old beer garden to Kate O'Briens. Someone on here said what it is going to be awhile ago. I think it was Jack.

Edited by bulldogger

Any one know what this single story complex is in the foreground of this pic. It is right next to the old Lynx station

picture1943mx7.jpg

At first glance the sloping parking deck floors beneath the level roof make the roof appear to be sloping the opposite direction.

Orange Camden Court:

picture1953ge1.jpg

Pretty cheap looking. I can imagine this place turning into a ghetto over the next 10 - 15 years.

Edited by JFW657

At first glance the sloping parking deck floors beneath the level roof make the roof appear to be sloping the opposite direction.

Pretty cheap looking. I can imagine this place turning into a ghetto over the next 10 - 15 years.

Although I couldn't agree more, let's try to be positive about this. Don't we need more affordable housing downtown? Although at this point they are probably expensive as hell (rents) but as they deteriorate they may become a bit more affordable. I'm all for any big new apartment complexes or towers downtown to add to the population in the city center.

Thanks for the nice comments - I have been also been taking a bunch of pics of UCF which I will post soon. I'm a sucker for night shots... so many, many more to come. Amazing what a $500 camera and $700 lens will do for you! :) My buddy who has a sick pro-level Nikor lens (almost $2k) is letting me borrow it next weekend so I should have many more nice pics for you all...

Any requests?

thanks again for your kind comments! :)

corpkid nice camera. What were your aperture settings? Judging by the plane in the third pic looks to be about 4"-5".

Aperture was at 4.5" w/ a 20 sec exposure for that shot. Believe it or not, this was my 1st set of pics with a "real" camera (besides a point and shoot). I did a lot of homework before I bought this :) There is no post-processing on these, either (I'm reading up on that, however lol)

Thanks for the nice comments - I have been also been taking a bunch of pics of UCF which I will post soon. I'm a sucker for night shots... so many, many more to come. Amazing what a $500 camera and $700 lens will do for you! :) My buddy who has a sick pro-level Nikor lens (almost $2k) is letting me borrow it next weekend so I should have many more nice pics for you all...

Any requests?

Requests: The new stadium at UCF and more streetlevel pics downtown and actual pictures inside the parks, some pics maybe of College Park, Colonialtown, Lake Ivanhoe area, Baldwin Park, etc so we have some actual "living" shots of life in Orlando, not just skyline photos. Thanks if you can oblige!

Any requests?

Yes...

How about some great long distance skyline shots? Like from the top of the hotel at the florida mall, or the parking garage at the airport, the fashion square mall, florida hospital, or Arnold Palmer?

Both excellent ideas. That building that Docs restaurant is in has a great view of the skyline from the 6th floor or the little parking garage behind it (across from ORMC) and I wonder if the Florida Mall hotel offers a good "skyline view" of the "other" Orlando as well. And some street level I-Drive shots would be cool also, we need to quit being embarrassed of the tourist part of town and the area around the convention center and Pointe Orlando is usually packed with tourists or conventioneers as well as locals walking around making Orlando the active city that it really is except for being so spread apart. I think Millenia has finally connected the 2 together making more one long city with each growth spurt. Some pics around Millenia or the Orlando sign on Conroy Rd. would be nice (and possibly dangerous.)!

I didn't even think to look when I went by the Peabody. My bad.

And I have to admit, there ARE a lot of nerds at MegaCon. I was there as press, though. And for anyone that hasn't been there, it is a site to behold. I have the new slogan for next year...

MegaCon... when chess club and band are not enough.