THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

great shots. it's definitely your Day with photos. get it?

55W. I think what probably should've been done would have been to raise the rooftop greenhouse structure at least 2 full stories and leave the sides of the building shorter, ie, jus raise the north structure and leave the E and W wings shorter. but the flat roof overhang kind of keeps this from being possible. they had the right idea with the 2-story exposed columns look on the south face, and the 4 stories of recessed walls at the top, but that shouldv'e been more floors, b/c those big windowless bands on the E and W sides absolutely suck. yo no get it... I can critique this puppy all day and at the same time, sing it's praises for what it does right.

great shots. it's definitely your Day with photos. get it?

55W. I think what probably should've been done would have been to raise the rooftop greenhouse structure at least 2 full stories and leave the sides of the building shorter, ie, jus raise the north structure and leave the E and W wings shorter. but the flat roof overhang kind of keeps this from being possible. they had the right idea with the 2-story exposed columns look on the south face, and the 4 stories of recessed walls at the top, but that shouldv'e been more floors, b/c those big windowless bands on the E and W sides absolutely suck. yo no get it... I can critique this puppy all day and at the same time, sing it's praises for what it does right.

From the angle & distance in that photo, it looks sort of like two seperate buildings in an L shaped layout, with the one in the foreground having a funny roof "hat" thing, & the other one in the background, not.

I noticed (& noted) awhile back that the same thing was true when viewing it from ground level on Church St. The E & W wings look like two seperate towers next to each other.

This building seems to have a penchant for looking like two buildings from various angles.

Good thing too, because as one it's funky looking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To many palm trees in the way. I was hoping to catch the right moment when the wind blew them out of the way.

Actually trees & palm fronds & the like are great devices for framing & composing a good shot.

I always try to get something like a tree branch hanging into a shot when I can.

I think you may have just been a bit too far from downtown which made the buildings look small so the foliage kinda took over.

But I think I get what you were going for.

Edited by JFW657

7f219884.jpg

take Lynx Central. if this were in Miami, I think it would get higher acclaim. it looks cool, but b/c it's in Orlando, noone ever thinks twice about what "style" it hails from or what architectural identity its trying to be part of. I think that's the problem with Orlando architecture--- there's no set style-- unless the visors are the future. or maybe I'm just off my rocker.

Does she really need a vibrator that big????

I bet you two (this includes you Sunshine)would throw the biggest "hissy" fit ever if someone posted a picture of Hillary Clinton and then made a vibrator comment. Does being respectful of women and womens rights only pertain to "liberal" women? Your post are innappropiate to this forum.

Edited by GregoryMCSE

I bet you two (this includes you Sunshine)would throw the biggest "hissy" fit ever if someone posted a picture of Hillary Clinton and then made a vibrator comment. Does being respectful of women and womens rights only pertain to "liberal" women? Your post are innappropiate to this forum.

Thank you for commenting. My thoughts exactly. Very crude.