THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

It is not a political forum. I don't need to hearabout Palin or Hilary Clinton. I sure the heck don't need to hear about a vibrator. Why is it that some democrats feel the need to denigrate this woman. I think the American public is capable of making an educated decision on who they want to vote for without being hit over the head. I have seen some terrible spam emails related to this woman Palin...why are people tearing her down. I thought the Democrat party was about equality and women's rights. Does dildo talk and sexism further the cause? If people want to bring politics on to a thread about downtown pictures then I will speak my mind. I don't need to read sexist propaganda and slander on this forum. Shame on you Praboheme; you have always stayed on topic, urban planning and architecture. This kind of crap is innappropriate on this forum. I hope more of my fellow posters back me up.

this is by far the most prudish forum I've ever been a member of. Lighten up folks... maybe it's because I'm young (only 26 here), but if someone makes a vibrator joke, I see no reason to throw a hissy fit because you think it's inappropriate. Christ.

I think Hillary and Michelle Obama need vibrators and a tube of lube. Is that light enough 4 ya?

Crude to some, funny to others. Political to some, general conversation to others. Where do you draw the line?

I don't know Jack where do you draw the line? Am I funny? Conversational? Or do you enjoy vibrator talk and insults on a Urban planning forum?

Anybody who feels just a little hot under the color afer reading my posts...join the club. This is how I felt when I read the offensive posts about Palin. About 50% of this country is going to vote for her. Are we allowed to represent ourselves and spew hate and vulgarites like some of my friends above. If I pissed someone off tonight I did my job. People need to think before they going spewing their political ideologies on a non plitical forum...

Edited by GregoryMCSE

Sunshine.... you said there was nothing special in your pics... I beg to differ... you made great use of lighting on the spot. I liked your pics very much.

However your comments about the people of Florida being "pigs" answers a lot about you. +60,000 pigs all in one location to see one person hmm ... so what would you call the people who turn out to see Obama... I call them mirmadons... look it up.

I totally agree with you GregoryMCSE... even if I'm not totally innocent myself.

Edited by RedStar25

angel love Gregory, why don't you grow a pair and develop a sense of humor. It's called a joke. The original comment on the picture had nothing to do with politics, sexism or putting down Sarah Palin and everything to do with making a light-hearted observation about a gigantic novelty lipstick tube. Way to take it out of context and flip out over nothing. Okay, so your sensitive ears may not like to hear the word "vibrator" because you find it offensive, fine. There are a lot of things I don't like reading about on this forum but I keep quiet during those discussions because obviously some people are interested in them and it's not my place to say that they can't continue. Sometimes you just have to relax and know when to keep quiet.

angel love Gregory, why don't you grow a pair and develop a sense of humor. It's called a joke. The original comment on the picture had nothing to do with politics, sexism or putting down Sarah Palin and everything to do with making a light-hearted observation about a gigantic novelty lipstick tube. Way to take it out of context and flip out over nothing. Okay, so your sensitive ears may not like to hear the word "vibrator" because you find it offensive, fine. There are a lot of things I don't like reading about on this forum but I keep quiet during those discussions because obviously some people are interested in them and it's not my place to say that they can't continue. Sometimes you just have to relax and know when to keep quiet.

You are so condescending and full of yourself. A joke? I admire Palin; I was offended. You would be offended if I commented on something important to you. Are sexist jokes funny? No. How about homophobic jokes? No. Vibrator comments and comments that imply something about someone's sexual organs are innappropriate and indefensible. This isn't even a political forum. I won't back down or be intimidated by anyone on this forum.

What takes a pair "bic" is standing up to innappropriate posts. People are free to posts their political comments... and I am free to stand up for my views; and Bic for the record... When I start worrying about what you think I am in serious trouble

Edited by GregoryMCSE

Well I know conservatives (speaking of myself) attack her because of what she lacks as a candidate. What the whole ticket lacks. I know we screwed up but we should not throw the election away by putting McCain/Palin on the ticket. Maybe I am just a bitter old man that believes in basic classic conservatisim instead of anti intellectualism hot button issue sound bites. And even if i love her as a candidate. i could care less if someone attacks her. She is not my wife. As long as it is funny, I will laugh. And if it was Hillary Clinton, I would probably laugh harder.

Edited by jack

for the record, I hope I've never annoyed or offensed anyone on these boards... probably have, but not in a while. anyway, if I do, let me know.

I transferred some nice pix onto my hard drive, when I upload them, I'll proceed to post them here... a couple of interesting angles.

as for Palin (sorry sunshine, just one quick note), I like her, but that was a great joke... in poor taste- but that kind of humor is right up my alley...

Alright, with that being said...this will conclude the discussion on Sarah Palin. Lets move on. Please no more discussion on that. Thank you.

I know you want this silliness to end & to get back on topic, but since I was the one who made the "offensive" joke, & the replies by the "victim" of my insensitivity were directed at me, I think I should be allowed to make one (& only one) FINAL comment in my own defense & that will be the end of it.

This "Gregory" person made a comment about "hissy fits" being thrown if simlar remarks were made about about Hillary Clinton.

In case you've been deaf & blind for the past 16 years & just recently came out of it, let me remind you that those on your side (I'm assuming based on your "hissy fit" over Sarah Palin that you must be a conservative) have been saying much nastier things than that about Hillary Clinton WHOM I HAPPEN TO HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF RESPECT FOR, from the moment her husband became a candidate for president. And it has never stopped.

You complained about politics being inserted into this forum, but YOU are the one who inserted it.

And nobody is trying to intimidate you or make you back down. You seem to be the only one here looking for a fight.

So save the victim act & grow up.

I'm done.

Thank you.

(I'm assuming based on your "hissy fit" over Sarah Palin that you must be a conservative) have been saying much nastier things than that about Hillary Clinton WHOM I HAPPEN TO HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF RESPECT FOR, from the moment her husband became a candidate for president. And it has never stopped.

I don't understand how it justifies the Palin vibrator jokes.

Does she really need a vibrator that big????

Did I or anyone else on this board posts anything negative about Hillary Clinton? How did I insert politics? I commented on your Dildo comment!! I am a moderate republican and I would have considered voting for Hillary Clinton.... I would have responded the exact same way if Hillary Clinton had been the object of these sexists posts. Do you think two wrongs make a right? Hillary gets treated like dirt so we must treat Palin like dirt? How does that help anything? I am not the defender of the Republican party; I commented on a post. BTW I am registered as a democrat. I generally vote for Democrats on the local level and Republicans for president but I am not even rigid about that; I voted for Bill Clinton and John Kerry for president. I am not an idealogue like some people....

If you don't see women as sexual objects...anytime a woman is demeaned it pisses you off. It is not okay to objectify a woman period. You make assumptions and accusations that are unwarrented. I won't keep posting about this crap if you quiet lying about me.... I am not going to let you trash people, myself included. You have a nasty contemptous attitude.... lets move on. This thread is supposed to be about pictures of Orlando.

Edited by GregoryMCSE

It's really amazing to me how disjointed the construction of this project is/has been. Given the time line and outright greed I can understand the difficulty approving commuter rail, FOX, or any other project.

Oops..I meant to post the beltway article in the freeways thread. Can a Mod please move the discussion over there?

Great job JFW. I really like that angle. That is definitely one of the mort urbane spots in CenFla. What Orlando lacks in height it certainly makes up for in other ways.

Thanks. If one had never been to Orlando & saw a picture taken from that spot, they'd probably think Orlando had some kind of major waterway running thru it ala downtown Jacksonville or Baltimore.