THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

You've outdone yourself! These are just fabulous!

I did not realize that the city was building a mini "retention" park south of the Amway garage.

Thanks! I'm loving my new camera. and yeah, that's the first time I've even gone down that far on division (they had it blocked off for quite a long time.) ... I was amazed at how awesome that side of the garage is. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when they build the I-4 W to 408 W ramp that will be slipped in between the current Anderson ramp and the garage. It will be right up against the garage and likely have to cross that retention pond in order to go over Anderson St. and over to 408W.

New Blog Post: Weekly Photo Update: Amway Center Exterior Complete?

http://downtown-otown.com/2010/09/25/weekly-photo-update-amway-center-exterior-complete/

Always great updates.

Is it just me or does the I-4 underpass improvements look much the same as the original? I really don't see a lot of people "lingering" in that space.

Always great updates.

Is it just me or does the I-4 underpass improvements look much the same as the original? I really don't see a lot of people "lingering" in that space.

It still looks like a cave and I wish they'd get a pressure washer out there. It is too bad they did not spend more to make an attractive transition from west to east. Additionally, has anyone addressed in time for the opening how/if LYMMO is being rerouted?

Two questions:

Does anybody know when the Downtown Development Board is going to publish their 3rd Quarter Report?

Who is the final Champion of the Community for the Orlando Magic and will AirTran hand over it's status to Southwest Airlines?

Hah! You didn't read my blog post! ;)

I mention the quarterly report in that post. I spoke with the DDB last month and they said they were targeting first week of this month.

Mojo’s signage is very reminiscent of an authentic Bourbon Street vibe. Hopefully the Church Street District grows in that fashion, in terms of notoriety and cool, because if it does, this will bode well for the City of Orlando.

I’m excited for the revitalization that’s taking place in Downtown Orlando. Add a few more high-profile real estate developments (DPAC and the Creative Village come to mind) and the possible relocation of the House of Blues to the city core, Downtown Orlando is poised for GREATNESS. I see a blend between Austin and Houston, Texas with a dash of New Orleans….which is a unique and exciting mix!

Deepeyez I share your enthusiasm for what is happening to Church Street Station and West Church Street right now.

The one aspect of Church Street that I think needs some work is the plaza area cross from 55 West (is it 54 West?). I really think there is a lot of opportunity to turn that into a more "festival style" atmosphere. After having traveled to Berlin where every nook and cranny is filled with tents and tables for beer drinking and fun, I could easily see that underutilized space as a sort of gathering spot.

Edited by prahaboheme